Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By krystan

Sky Anytime+ just refuses to come down

This is a discussion on Sky Anytime+ just refuses to come down within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi, I ordered sky anytime+ a couple of days ago and promptly got it added to my account (with appropriate ...

krystan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0113
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Sky Anytime+ just refuses to come down

Hi,

I ordered sky anytime+ a couple of days ago and promptly got it added to my account (with appropriate email confirming this) and it now shows up in mysky as me having it.

I have connected my sky+ HD box (samsung) to a wireless bridge via 10/100 switch and switched on any time, broadband and confirmed both local and remote network say "ok" and that the box has a valid ip address for my network.

All of these things are ok (with the HD box even announcing the first time it could see a broadband connected).

Given these things I'm pretty sure the sky+ box can see the network etc, I should also mention that I have several other devices working off this switch (ps3, laptop) etc and they all work just fine, but for the time being they are disconnected whilst I try and troubleshoot this.

I have tried all of the following

1) putting the box in the dmz on main router
      2) rebooting all routers and sky box (multiple times in multiple orders) and subsequent testing internet works afterwards.
      3) cycled anytime on and off and waited until anytime comes back (took over night)
      4) cycled broadband on and off
      5) assigned ip addresses manually rather than dhcp.
      6) made sure UPNP is on and off (tried both).

I should point out the wireless bridge is an edimax and the main router is a virgin media superhub.

I have yet to cut wireless out of the picture totally and go straight wired just to check its not wireless incompatibility, cables, old switch causing it, but seeing as all other equipment works in this setup I doubt its faulty kit at least (and I've swapped out cables also).

So the next bit is to get massive bit of cat5 and tromp it up the stairs and see if that fixes it.

Have I missed anything, I mean do I need any ports forwarding etc.. somehow i doubt that I do ?

Really stuck and sky were kind of hinting they want me to spend 60 quid on their wireless extender (sorry that's not happening its way overpriced).

I'm a pretty techie user could this also be that it just takes a bit of time for this to activate ? and if so why didn't the lady from the anytime+ team yesterday (who was really helpful) tell me this.

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Sky Anytime+ just refuses to come down

Update, just took the entire thing off of wireless and connected it directly to my router. same effect I'm afraid.. no anytime plus and yet I have a network address assigned and all tests passed.

Phoned up sky customer services who hung up once and then told me I had to speak to sky protect because they didn't know how to fix it, disgusting customer service.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If your Network tab is showing you have an IP and the service is OK it is hard to see what is wrong. Would Virgin be blocking it? There is no love lost between them and Sky.

What happens when you press the red Anytime button, do you see the Showcase tab and the tabs for Anytime+? If you do, what happens when you press a tab, do you get a list a programs available? If so what error do you get when you click on one?

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

There is no showcase tab it is Simple showing normal anytime.

I sometimes (after a reboot) get the standard "you need to goto sky.com/myanytimeplus and register" but to be honest I've done that the dialog has a number "48" in the top right hand corner but error codes according to sky start at 51 and they don't know what the 48 means.

As for virgin blocking it, I rather think that's probably illegal.

Thanks

Problem has now been resolved by sky.

After a very bad customer experience with most of the call centre I again got through to the EXTREMELY HELPFUL anytime+ team who checked a few things then resent my activation signal again, this instantly cured the issue.
      Scubbie likes this.