Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Isitme

Programmes on Anytime

This is a discussion on Programmes on Anytime within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; As a new Sky user, when the engineers came out they said Anytime would show programmes going back to when ...

sixtiesliz is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Programmes on Anytime

As a new Sky user, when the engineers came out they said Anytime would show programmes going back to when Sky started. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place but cant see anything that goes back too far. Does anyone know. Thanks

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: Programmes on Anytime

Anytime has only fairly new programs, Anytime+ has some archive material, but whether it goes back to the beginning in 1989, I don't know. I rather doubt it.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

kcrolla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ilkeston
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

What I'd like to know about the programmes is, what the hell is going on? How long is it before they put an episode on there? Doesn't seem to be any consistency about it at all. When you look for programmes you'd like to catch up with, they are never in the same section two weeks running. Sometimes they're in the RECENT section, sometimes Catch Up, sometimes Drama and so on. You have to click round all over the place to find them. and don't get me started about the All section. Takes hours to scroll down the list! All that is even supposing you can find the program you want anyway. I've been on holiday for two weeks and came back wanting to catch up with the Borgias ( I know but it's so bad it's good) and Friday Night Lights. Neither of them are anywhere to be seen in any of the sections.
      It drives me mad.
      Or is it just me???

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

If you navigate to the 'all' section you can type in the start of the title of the film/programme that you wish to see and if it is available, it will be listed there.

I'm not too sure of the pattern, but any newly added material should always appear in the 'Recently Added' section. The 'Last Chance' section is for items which will be removed soon.

Sadly The Borgias are not listed there at the moment.

If you are interested, you could search the Internet for a torrent of it. I appreciate that not everyone likes this idea though.

With the yet-to-be-added feature to allow people to view the different Players (BBC, ITV, Channel 5) I hope that Sky will be working to improve the 'Catch-up' section from their stable by a huge amount. It is hoped that this will be available in September or October.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

kcrolla is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ilkeston
      Thanks

Thanks for your reply Scubbie. I take all your points on board; still find it frustrating though. Especially when it reinforces my husband's view that technology doesn't work.

"Let's watch the Borgias on Anytime, cos there's no ads."
      "It won't work."
      "Yes it will, let's see. Oh, it's not here, that's funny."
      "Told you."

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      If you navigate to the 'all' section you can type in the start of the title of the film/programme that you wish to see and if it is available, it will be listed there.
      In my experience you can't type the whole of a title and it's not too smart at searching anyway.....
      I'm not too sure of the pattern, but any newly added material should always appear in the 'Recently Added' section. The 'Last Chance' section is for items which will be removed soon.
      That's my point: there doesn't seem to be one!

Sadly The Borgias are not listed there at the moment.

See, there's no logic! It was there before I went away, as was Friday Night Lights!

If you are interested, you could search the Internet for a torrent of it. I appreciate that not everyone likes this idea though.

Took me about three months to collect Modern Family Series 2!

With the yet-to-be-added feature to allow people to view the different Players (BBC, ITV, Channel 5) I hope that Sky will be working to improve the 'Catch-up' section from their stable by a huge amount. It is hoped that this will be available in September or October.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

The issue regarding the ads is only a small point when you record the programme. Simply fast forward through them.

Regarding the Search facility, I totally agree that it is pants. However you only need to put in the first few letters to get to the right area for most listings. Words such as 'The' can be dropped when they are the first word in the title.

Certainly with regards to a pattern, it is safe to say that when Sky has been promoting a new series that it will appear in the Showcase listing. Whether additional episodes appear is currently guess work though.

As for the torrents, there are better sites available, 3 months is a long time. I can't advise you where to look though. Since it is a new series, most good sites will have a good seeder on them.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

when Sky has been promoting a new series that it will appear in the Showcase listing. Whether additional episodes appear is currently guess work though.
      One thing that annoys me is them putting the first episode of a program on Anytime and when you record it there is no option to put in a series link for the next episode. You have to search around to find out when it is actually on.
      Fryingpan77 likes this.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Fryingpan77 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Shipley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      One thing that annoys me is them putting the first episode of a program on Anytime and when you record it there is no option to put in a series link for the next episode. You have to search around to find out when it is actually on.
      Totally agree, such a simple feature would make anytime + almost perfect.

Sent from my ST18i
      With sky since 1997.

lincoln is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: mosborough,sheffield
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER115
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

i find anytime and anytime+ rather useless every time i miss a program or the box cocks it up you can guarantee it wont be in anytime
      99% of the time i have to go find the missing episode on a torrent
      hopefully the new demand service will be better

and i also dont like that sky download the sky store ppv stuff to showcase

Paul2003 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leamington Spa
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Programmes on Anytime

Anytime+ is rubbish, new month and same rubbish on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk