Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Like Tree1Likes

Cannot get lower case letters on my remote (Sky anytime + wireless connection)

This is a discussion on Cannot get lower case letters on my remote (Sky anytime + wireless connection) within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Unable to connect to sky wireless box as needs my password which has lower case letters. Tried cycling through several ...

johnrankin8 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01743
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Cannot get lower case letters on my remote (Sky anytime + wireless connection)

Unable to connect to sky wireless box as needs my password which has lower case letters. Tried cycling through several times but does not drop into lower case. Called Sky and they have suggested several things included downloads but to no avail, Any ideas?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Re: Cannot get lower case letters on my remote (Sky anytime + wireless connection)

Have you tried setting up the adaptor whilst it is connected to your Laptop or Desktop computer?

Disable any built-in WiFi adaptor and test it afterwards, then it should connect to the Sky+ HD STB quite easily.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Re: Cannot get lower case letters on my remote (Sky anytime + wireless connection)

This was supposed to be plug and play! The remote wont drop into lower case letters no matter how many times I cycle through so cannot input my password which has lower case. Are you suggesting I can connect the shy wireless connector to my PC and do it from there?

Thanks

It may be possible. I haven't used the Sky WiFi adaptor, but i believe others have done it this way with the supplied CD.

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

Thanks

Unfortunately no CD with the box! just power cable, ethernet cable and the box!

Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Can you not change your password by logging into your router to use all capital letters along with some numbers ?

Thanks

Whilst Alan's suggestion is good, I can imagine that it will cause you a little grief as you have to re-program all your WiFi devices to recognise the new log in details.

Consider returning it to get a full refund and get a different WiFi Media Bridge. The one from Netgear is quite reasonable: WNCE2001

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Plug the adapter into your PC first, set it up with the network key etc, then plug it into your Sky box.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Thanks

I have tried to change the password on my router wirelessly but does not work so will try and connect by cable tomorrow and try and change password that way although a pain for my other devices. I will also try and connect box to see if that works first though to see what happens!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

There is no need to change your password, plug the device into your PC and set it up there. Never try to change settings in a router using wireless.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast