Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How do i record archived programmes from sky+ box to my dvd recorder(lg drt389h)

This is a discussion on How do i record archived programmes from sky+ box to my dvd recorder(lg drt389h) within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Hi,just had sky hd installed and cannot record my saved programmes to my lg-drt389h dvd recorder.tv is lg-42pt353k,sky box is ...

allenuam is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01724
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

How do i record archived programmes from sky+ box to my dvd recorder(lg drt389h)

Hi,just had sky hd installed and cannot record my saved programmes to my lg-drt389h dvd recorder.tv is lg-42pt353k,sky box is drx890.when skys instructions are followed it records channel 5 every time.sky engineer set the installation up,but has never been able to put the saved programmes onto dvd,resulting in a FULL hard drive.any suggestions to resolve please?

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

Re: How do i record archived programmes from sky+ box to my dvd recorder(lg drt389h)

You should be able to connect the Sky STB to your DVD recorder using a Scart cable. Select the item that you wish to copy & press Play.

Ensure that the DVD recorder is set to record from the AV input that the Sky STB is connected to.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Scubbie For This Useful Post:

allenuam (29-12-11)

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Re: How do i record archived programmes from sky+ box to my dvd recorder(lg drt389h)

You can use the Copy function in the planner. If it is not displayed at the bottom when you select an item in the Planner, use the scroll key, right or left, and press the Green button to start copying. Note that recordings are done in 'real time', so a 2 hour program takes 2 hours. This means you cannot use Sky for any other purpose when the recording is being made.

I have a HDD/DVD recorder which I can set up to record several programs overnight. A lot more convenient than recording one DVD at a time.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

allenuam (29-12-11)

Thanks

Thanks for replies,have tried everything so far with no luck.cabling seems ok,but methinks the dvd recorder is not tuned correctly-ie always records channel 5.or nothing at all.when green copy button is pressed-dvdr set to record,nothing happens after select is pressed.any ideas welcomed.Thanks.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If you disk is actually full that could be causing a problem. Try deleting some programs until you get down to about 15% available. Most programs on Sky, especially films are often repeated. Keep anything like live sport which are not likely to get a repeat.

When you have done that, try a Sky+ rebuild. Press the Services button, then 001, then Select button. This will take you to the hidden menu, when there, press 7, then Select twice to start the rebuild. When it completes it will be in Standby, leave it for a few minutes then press Sky. Try your recordings.

Maybe you should consider upgrading the HDD to give you more storage. Disks are expensive at the moment, but when they come down, it is probably worth doing.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

allenuam (30-12-11)

Thanks

A GREAT THANKS FOR EVERYONES HELP--PROBLEM SOLVED.The problem was sorted by ADVIDS post to Wooly2460.The problem was solved by AV2 should be the sky input--I have no leads into AV2 but continued as he described,and IT WORKS A TREAT.EXCELLENT THAT MAN..Thanks for the forums help and all the people who contributed to an excellent conclusion-HAPPY-NEW-YEAR.Kindest regards,ALLEN.