Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Frequent picture breakup when playing back Anytime+

This is a discussion on Frequent picture breakup when playing back Anytime+ within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; You should be able to force the update to get the latest version, which is currently R003.047.28.00P. I don't know ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Re: Frequent picture breakup when playing back Anytime+

You should be able to force the update to get the latest version, which is currently R003.047.28.00P.

I don't know why you haven't got this version and I can't promise that it will resolve the issues, but it is certainly worth trying it.

It may also be worth suggesting that you may need to re-download a show to see if the issue has been cured if it still plays up on an existing download.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      mattylad is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCROSS
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I have this now (R003.047.28.00P/47.0.16.1) so we shall see what happens.

If this continues what do I tell sky I want?
      New box - different make box?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mattylad View Post
      I have this now (R003.047.28.00P/47.0.16.1) so we shall see what happens.

If this continues what do I tell sky I want?
      New box - different make box?
      See how things progress first. Namely do any old or new videos play up in the same way.

There is always a possibility that there are some errors on the drive that is causing this. The firmware update will hopefully help the STB to cope better with them. If it doesn't Sky may be working on more improvements fr the error correction or it could be that you need a new drive or STB (as they don't make on-site service repairs).

Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB

keith601 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: quinton
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Hi There

I can not get the system to do a Planner rebuild. I have tried to using these instructions.

1.Press services on your Sky remote control and you will see the main menu with Options highlighted.
      2.Highlight the Settings menu using the right arrow button and press select.
      3.Press 0 (zero), 1 then select to access the Installer Setup menu (this menu is not listed on the Settings menu options).
      4.Use the left/right arrows to highlight Rebuild (this will change to Sky+ Rebuild when reached) and press select.
      5.The on-screen message "This will take a few minutes to complete. The rebuild will stop all recordings and reboot your Sky+" will appear. Press select to continue.
      6.The on-screen message "Housekeeping please wait" will appear and take up to two minutes to clear. If your Sky+HD box continues to display this message for longer than two minutes please carry out a power reset (below) with the viewing card removed.
      7.Once complete your Sky+HD box will switch itself off and then back on automatically displaying the red standby light.
      8.Ensure the red standby light on the box has re-appeared, then wait for 3 minutes.
      9.Press sky your remote control and the light on your Sky+HD box will turn green.
      But when I get to Number three "Press o, 1, my system selects TV Guide. All Channels.

I have an Amstrad +HD box
      Mod No R003.047.25.00P
      Ver No 4F3001
      Operating Systen Version R003.047.25.00P

Can someone please help?

Thanks

Keith

Thanks

Try this process:

Press <Services> <Right> <Down> 0 1 <Select> <Right> (until Planner Rebuild is highlighted) <Down>

Now follow the on screen instructions to perform the Planner Rebuild.

Ensure that you have not selected 'System Reset'.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

...or you can do it this way - Services button, press 001*, press Select, press 7 then Select twice.

*treat this as one number, the first 0 takes you to Settings, then after you press the remaining 01, nothing will happen till you press Select.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Izak is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Woodley
      Router: Sky Hub SR101 + Netgear N900
      Thanks

We've having similar issues with AnyTime+ as well where programmes will sometimes freeze or breakup but a quick rewind and play again and everything is fine.

We have only just got Anytime+ on our Sky+ box too. We ran an Ethernet cable from the router (upstairs) to the living room (downstairs) and plugged it into a TP-Link switch which then feeds the Sky+ box, the TV and a couple of other devices.

As far as I can tell, there is nothing wrong with the new Ethernet cable, I've tested it with a cable tester, done tests using my laptop and it works fine on every device, it's just this issue with Anytime+. We've so far watched three 1-hour long programmes, two from 'Watch' and one from 'ITV Player'. The two from Watch have simply froze and a quick rewind and play has resolved the issue. With the programme from ITV Player, the picture actually broke up with the bottom half turning blue, after a few seconds it began to play again fine.

As its happened on all three downloaded programmes so far, I think there is a issue somewhere.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I did 'Planner Rebuild' after the second programme played back funny but it made no difference to the third programme. I've also changed the Ethernet cable from the switch to Sky box to a different oNe which made no differene.
      Last edited by Izak; 17-07-12 at 09:45 PM.

Thanks

It is nothing wrong with your Internet connection but more to do with the error correction (or lack of) used on PVR drives. Performing a Planner Rebuild is a good measure, but will not cure this occasional error.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12