Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Question re Anytime +

This is a discussion on Question re Anytime + within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Just upgraded from standard sky box to HD. Never heard of Anytime +, but call centre told me i could ...

barnsleyfan is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: wombwell
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Question re Anytime +

Just upgraded from standard sky box to HD. Never heard of Anytime +, but call centre told me i could connect my wireless router the HD box etc, and it was free. I agreed. However, i notice on my order it is for wired anytime. This is not practical since my router is on another floor in the house and moving it screw up my xbxs live connection. So wired anytime is pointless. I may go for wireless at some point, but currently dont want anytime.

So, do i need to re-contact sky and tell them i dont want anytime + before the install, or can i just tell the engineer not to install it.

If i then later decide i want it wirelessly, is all the software already on the box, or do i need to install it all.

2. Advertisement
      SadBloke is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Question re Anytime +

The engineer won't do anything if the equipment is on different floors. You are better off saying nothing to Sky - you can switch Anytime+ on and off from the HD box.

To connect on different floor you either need a wireless bridge, available from Sky for 60 (or you can get your own), or homeplugs to make a wired connection.

If you look in the Anytime+ section of the forum there are a lot of posts on this subject.