Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes

This is a discussion on Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Howdie, I registered for Anytime + and when looking at my profile, it says: Unfortunately you do not have a ...

aidi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dorset
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes

Howdie,

I registered for Anytime + and when looking at my profile, it says:

Unfortunately you do not have a Sky Anytime+ compatible box in your portfolio. We're gradually rolling out the service and it will be available on your Sky box soon.

Ok, i can live with that statement. It leads me to believe that sometime in the near future i will be able to get the service.

What concerns me is that i am reading a number of posts on various forums that the Thomson box will never be able to receive the upgrade. If thats the case the statement from Sky is misleading.

Can anyone validate the questions on the Thomson box compatibility for Antime+, or is is just a rumor?

Thanks
      Aidi

2. Advertisement
      lgrenter is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01443
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Thanks

Re: Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes

i emailed sky customer services a cpl of weeks ago about my thomson books and just received a generic will be available for all hd customers reply.! any info about this would be nice. if we are not getting it doesnt it make our boxes not fit for purpose? shouldnt sky then replace for newer models? seems they are penalising those people that were early adopters of hd (had it since it started almost), never had the box breakdown so never had it changed!

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Nobody knows for sure if the Thomsons will ever be updated for Anytime+. My hunch is that Sky would like to be rid of these boxes ASP, and are quite happy to let them wither away on the vine, to be replaced by their own Amstrads. None of the Thomsons have as yet received enabling software. As they were the first to receive the new-style EPG in March 2009, it's possible Sky will keep them last in line for the Anytime+ software. I doubt however if Anytime+ will ever see the light of day on a Thomson. But that's just a rumour.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

What concerns me is that i am reading a number of posts on various forums that the Thomson box will never be able to receive the upgrade.
      Did anyone give a reason or official reference? It seems to me if it is capable of running the new EPG, there is no reason why it should not be able to receive Anytime+. But I could be wrong, like many of the predictions made about this new service.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

aidi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dorset
      Thanks

No reasons or offical reference. Ill watch the other posts and see if any more is said. As nothing had been said on this forum, thought it best to ask and see if anyone here can shed light on the subject.

As said above, i wonder where we stand with regards to the service if it transpires that the box is not compatible? I would expect the outcome will be "if you want it, upgrade your box at the full cost"

Rgds
      Aidi

Thanks

As said above, i wonder where we stand with regards to the service if it transpires that the box is not compatible? I would expect the outcome will be "if you want it, upgrade your box at the full cost"
      I would not be surprised. It would have been helpful if Sky could have published a list of boxes which would be upgraded and the expected date.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Old Thomsons never die, they just fade away.............. Will the last Thomson in service please turn the lights out behind them. Thank you
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Thanks

It will be a blow to some with older TVs who are using the component connection.

TomD

Useful Utilites

totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

Not looking good quotes from staff from Twitter.

I am reading a number of posts on various forums that the Thomson box will never be able to receive the AT+ upgrade
      @skyhd I take it from your silence that it is true and will post on many forums waiting for a answer.
      skyHD@ Argumentum ex silentio is not valid in this case - we are not always able to answer questions instantly, sorry. re Thompson, that is not correct. The forums are not always the best place to get the correct information

CP_1808 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 881
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

I phoned Sky and they said the original 2006 Sky HD boxes will never be made compatible with AnyTime+.

I complained and threatened to cancel and they are sending me a brand new HD Box on Saturday for free.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 26-10-10, 03:47 PM
    2. 26-10-10, 02:38 PM