Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes

This is a discussion on Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes within the Sky Anytime + forums, part of the Sky On Demand category; Originally Posted by CP_1808 I phoned Sky and they said the original 2006 Sky HD boxes will never be made ...

totalwar is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bermonsey
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky HD T1x2
      Thanks

Re: Anytime + on Thomson HD Boxes

Quote Originally Posted by CP_1808 View Post
      I phoned Sky and they said the original 2006 Sky HD boxes will never be made compatible with AnyTime+.

I complained and threatened to cancel and they are sending me a brand new HD Box on Saturday for free.
      Wow well done m8.

2. Advertisement
      chronic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Well I just been on Phone to Sky asked them about anytime+ with my Thomson Box was told its not compatible and he does not know when it will be available, I am not pleased about this and I told him he offered me a 1TB for 149 but told him I was not happy..

I had my box 2 years nothing wrong with it works fine and they want me to spend 149 on a new box so I can watch Anytime+ thats one bloody dear free new service...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chronic View Post
      Well I just been on Phone to Sky asked them about anytime+ with my Thomson Box was told its not compatible and he does not know when it will be available, I am not pleased about this and I told him he offered me a 1TB for 149 but told him I was not happy..

I had my box 2 years nothing wrong with it works fine and they want me to spend 149 on a new box so I can watch Anytime+ thats one bloody dear free new service...
      I don't blame you for being angry but thoses boxes cost 499.99 without subs 12month contract and ask for free instalation worth 60.00 that a big reduction

Thanks

I just got an answer from SkyHD@ on twitter he says that you will be able to use the Thomson box I really don't beleive him after reading two poszts on hear saying the opposite.

SkyHD@
      As we have said, the information you received about the Thomson boxes is not correct. But thank you for your feedback

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Well I just been on Phone to Sky asked them about anytime+ with my Thomson Box was told its not compatible
      That's what it says about my Samsung box, but I certainly hope it will be updated at sometime. I would have thought if the Thomsons were not to be upgraded they would have publicised it before now, in the hope that they would sell newer boxes, if nothing else.

I did think the Thomsons supplied by Sky were longer in the tooth than 2 years.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

aidi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dorset
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CP_1808 View Post
      I phoned Sky and they said the original 2006 Sky HD boxes will never be made compatible with AnyTime+.

I complained and threatened to cancel and they are sending me a brand new HD Box on Saturday for free.
      hello mate,

Which dept did you speak with at Sky? I would ideally like to do the same as i think i fall into the same bracket as you do with having an old HD box.

CP_1808 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 881
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Everyday Lite
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aidi View Post
      hello mate,

Which dept did you speak with at Sky? I would ideally like to do the same as i think i fall into the same bracket as you do with having an old HD box.
      Started off in the Indian Call centre where she basically told me that the original 2006 boxes would never be made compatible. I then complained and asked to be transferred to cancellation dept where I was immediately told that I could have a new free HD box with free installation.

Normally you need to battle in cancellation dept for freebies but this time i didnt say a word.

chronic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Sagemcom 2504N
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      That's what it says about my Samsung box, but I certainly hope it will be updated at sometime. I would have thought if the Thomsons were not to be upgraded they would have publicised it before now, in the hope that they would sell newer boxes, if nothing else.

I did think the Thomsons supplied by Sky were longer in the tooth than 2 years.
      My Thomson is 2years 8months old cost me 340+ with fitting when I got it, to me that's a lot of money and then to be told it no longer compatible you bet me upset...

aidi is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dorset
      Thanks

well it seems like i got a result. Called the cancellation dept and spoke with a very nice lady. She took the details of my HD box and made some enquires. Although they could not accertain if the box would ever get the update, they took into account that i had been a long standing Sky customer and offered me an upgrade to a new HD box.

Not totally free of charge, but i was happy with the result. Having it delivered and installed on Sunday if all goes to plan.

Rgds
      Aidi

Kenedin is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0131
      Sky TV: Sky+HD Thomson
      Thanks

Here's the scenario as I see it:

EITHER

1. The Thomson boxes are not going to be updated. Sky know this already but are keeping shtum about it. People currently with Sky BB who phone up and complain are almost by default being offered, or, after a moan to Sky CS and a threat to cancel, manage to get a free replacement. Sky are not officially telling anyone about the Thomson situation in case it produces mass panic and a flood of threats to cancel which will overwhelm them and their supply situation. They have therefore decided to put Thomsons on the back burner, and let a trickle of avid users have their way with a free box. They will bide their time and let nature take its slow but unrelenting course with Thomson box failures, and replace them as required with their own Amstrads. People without Sky BB are not yet elegible for Anytime+ at the moment, although I understand talks are underway with other ISP's to carry the service at some stage in the future. ( See Sky Anytime+ could be available from other ISPs | What Satellite & Digital TV

OR

2. Thomson boxes will be upgraded, although this will be after other boxes have been dealt with, and bugs have been ironed out. This may take some time, judging by the length of time ( around 6 months IIRC ) for the new HD EPG to be rolled out across the box population.

My money's still on 1.
      Panasonic TX-P50G10B, Onkyo HTS 3305, Sky+HD Thomson 4E3007 (with upgraded PSU & WD5000AVDS HDD),

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 26-10-10, 03:47 PM
    2. 26-10-10, 02:38 PM