Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By Scubbie

Confussed

This is a discussion on Confussed within the Sky 3D forums, part of the Sky+ HD Supertelly category; Hi I got an E-mail from sky today saying that I can have the 3D at no extra cost, which ...

alienaeon is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01872
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Confussed

Hi

I got an E-mail from sky today saying that I can have the 3D at no extra cost, which I thought sounded great as I could finally watch the football in 3D (and on a day BT gave me there footie free it was starting to feel like Xmas) so I went off to activate the service but then it starts asking me to upgrade to EE+ at an extra cost of something (my head is buzzing working out the difference)!!!
      I currently have entertainment, HD pack and sports for 41.94 a month (got 10 off a month for some reason when I complained about the wind blowing my dish out of place) which I'm very happy with, I don't want the extra channels I just want the free 3D as promised.
      Please tell me I'm misreading this because it seems like terrible advertising otherwise. Also even if I get it will I be able to watch the footie without getting movies (I have no need of movies as I have netflix and can region hop).
      If it's not free then I won't bother as I'm happy with what I've got TBH.

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is online now Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Re: Confussed

I received a similar email yesterday too. There is a link beside where it talks about the package getting better. Follow th link and right down the bottom of the page is this 'Legal bit':

Sky+HD: The HD channels you get depend on your Sky TV/HD package. BBC HD Channels, ITV1 HD (England and Wales only), Channel 4 HD and Five HD are available without subscription. Channel 4 HD and Five HD require a viewing card. On Demand: Available to Sky TV customers with compatible Sky+ box. Downloading content requires compatible black Sky+ box, broadband connection (minimum recommended speed 2 Mbps), On Demand self set-up using own cable or wireless connector (21.95 – limits apply). Downloads count towards usage cap. Downloading a 30 minute show typically uses 0.5GB. Content depends on your Sky TV/HD subscription. Downloadable HD content takes longer to start viewing. Sky 3D: 3DTV and activation required. Content available depends on your Sky TV/HD Pay per view content costs extra.
      I have highlighted the crucial words. Basically you need the Entertainment Extra+ (EE+) Pack to access the 3D channel.

Is the email misleading? Sadly the facts are there, but just not explicitly clear. However since you were advised of the requirement for EE+ before you confirmed it all, you might not have any luck pursuing a claim.

We have discussed Entertainment Extra+ on this forum. There are also details on the Sky forums and website too.
      Meteosat likes this.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms