Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fitted ADSL Nation XTE-2005 - Can I get more Speed?

This is a discussion on Fitted ADSL Nation XTE-2005 - Can I get more Speed? within the Router stats forums, part of the Broadband Technical Help category; Originally Posted by User05 She's talking nonsense. I'd call again. The line does not need 'tested' before reprofiling. on phone ...

crazylegs1977 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Bedminster - Bristol
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Fitted ADSL Nation XTE-2005 - Can I get more Speed?

Quote Originally Posted by User05 View Post
      She's talking nonsense. I'd call again. The line does not need 'tested' before reprofiling.
      on phone now to her she has escalated it to CST who will call me back within 72 hrs! Supprise suprise the line test did not solve the issues and she said she couldn't reprofile me but CST would if they needed to when I asked if she could put me through to them directly she said she couldn't!

So do I need the micro-filters? me thinks not. Should I call straight back as she has now logged me for a CST call or wait for them to call?

These hoops are getting bigger I fear. Yet sometimes you get through to people who understand - sooo frustrating!

2. Advertisement
      User05 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crazylegs1977 View Post
      on phone now to her she has escalated it to CST who will call me back within 72 hrs! Supprise suprise the line test did not solve the issues and she said she couldn't reprofile me but CST would if they needed to when I asked if she could put me through to them directly she said she couldn't!
      Perhaps this would be easier to get a reprofile done - Call them up again and tell them that you want your line changed to a 'gamer profile', specifically 10240 downstream / 800 upstream. If they say that they can't do it, then request to talk to someone who has access to do this.

So do I need the micro-filters?
      Nope.

Should I call straight back as she has now logged me for a CST call or wait for them to call?
      Unfortunately, you can't be transferred through unless the case is 72 hours old these days. I suppose at least it's now escalated and further action can be taken if need be. However, it will be at least 72 hours before you receive a call.

Thanks

Thumbs down Re: Fitted ADSL Nation XTE-2005 - Can I get more Speed?

Perhaps this would be easier to get a reprofile done - Call them up again and tell them that you want your line changed to a 'gamer profile', specifically 10240 downstream / 800 upstream. If they say that they can't do it, then request to talk to someone who has access to do this.
      Might give that a try - Can I ask to be put on this profile though:
      18016 downstreem 1216 upstream profile.

Or is it best to ask for the 10240 one?

Nope.
      Didn't think so.... shall I leave them in until after CST calls or take them out?

Exchange:
      Thanks

I'd take them out.

Either profile would do, in fairness.

Thanks

I'd take them out.

Either profile would do, in fairness.
      ok, am now on hold they can reprofile me to either one, but have said they dont think my line can take it and if they try it might ruin the line and if it does that they will need to call an engineer out to look @ the exchange! is this correct? I thought it might just drop my net connection!

Exchange:
      Thanks

and if they try it might ruin the line and if it does that they will need to call an engineer out to look @ the exchange! is this correct? I thought it might just drop my net connection!
      They're either extracting the urine or are genuinely, horribly mis-informed.

If the line can't 'take' the new profile, which I doubt it will have problems with anyway unless there is an actual line fault, then it'll just error highly and probably drop sync. Easy solution? They try the higher profile; if it looks horrible, then cap it back down and wait for the call back from CST.

Thanks

They're either extracting the urine or are genuinely, horribly mis-informed.

If the line can't 'take' the new profile, which I doubt it will have problems with anyway unless there is an actual line fault, then it'll just error highly and probably drop sync. Easy solution? They try the higher profile; if it looks horrible, then cap it back down and wait for the call back from CST.
      My thoughts exactly!.... However we do have movement. Intially she was adament that she couldn't get anyone to re-profile my line. After much gentle persuassion saying a friend of mine (you) said you can get someone to do it.. she put me on hold and spoke to a supervisor who tried the reprofile but couldn't do it as there were I quote "6000 'minor' faults' on the line that CST would need to investigate and solve BEFORE I could be reprofiled. This to me makes much more sense. Upshot is she has left a note saying what profile I want so when CST solve the fault they can reprofile it. She also confirmed after a lengthly explanation that I DO NOT need micro-filters on my extensions since I have filtered the line at source.

Also advised that their fault finding system does not allow for people who know about adsl connections to go straight to Tier 2 support even though I have been phoning them for 2 months about dl speeds etc.

I am a much happier bunny now thanks

Exchange:
      Thanks

I can only assume by '6000 minor faults' that they mean errors and probably FEC errors from the 'minor' statement. I won't get into how dubious I am of this 'supervisor' being able to use the profile tool properly or how long those errors were accumulated over (6000 FECs are nothing...).

Anyways, sit back for a few days and hopefully you'll get a call-back in the 72 hour window. If not, call them back up and you can be transferred through.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to User05 For This Useful Post:

crazylegs1977 (28-07-11)

Thanks

I can only assume by '6000 minor faults' that they mean errors and probably FEC errors from the 'minor' statement. I won't get into how dubious I am of this 'supervisor' being able to use the profile tool properly or how long those errors were accumulated over (6000 FECs are nothing...).

Anyways, sit back for a few days and hopefully you'll get a call-back in the 72 hour window. If not, call them back up and you can be transferred through.
      To be fair to her, she did say they were relatively easy to fix! So your prob right with you FEC theory. Will deff call them back if not heard from them.

Thanks for all your help. Will post back with the outcome of the CST investigations!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

If you don't get anywhere following User05's advice, which is the best by the way, try asking them to switch your line to G.DMT. If the errors your line is generating are in the high frequencies, this will improve the speed and stability on your line.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast