Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Joost

This is a discussion on Joost within the P2P / File sharing forums, part of the General chat category; As an alternative to Setanta Sports 15 per month offering to watch PGA Golf, I have been using Viidoo Viidoo ...

Amaboknaai is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01276 Camberley
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus RT-AC68U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Smile Re: Joost - Try this...Viidoo

As an alternative to Setanta Sports 15 per month offering to watch PGA Golf, I have been using Viidoo Viidoo - Home of Web TV Streaming live Television over IP and it works a treat! Lots of different channel to watch besides golf...

It is free and works on a peer-to-peer basis. Give it a go and see what you think?

2. Advertisement
      Alan b is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: 2 x Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Re: Joost - Try this...Viidoo

I stumbled across this the other day, TV channels from all over the world:

wwiTV.com - The ultimate guide to Live TV webcasts.

maxping is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Not on Sky
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Joost

I signed up for Joost a couple of months ago and got a email saying they were not taking anyone else on at the moment.

ramesh19 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

before seeing this, i just posted a new thread about Joost.
      Please PM me and will send an invitation to you.

Hoagie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gedling (EMGDDLI)
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Oops, I really should have updated this earlier.

Thanks for the offer but I have a Joost Beta Account now. In fact I have some invites if anyone wants one.

Quick overview of the Joost Beta as it stands at the moment.
      It kind of works, but there's still a lot of work for them to do. Looking at the current state of it and the speed of progress, I'd expect it to be ready for launch next spring - I'd expect someone else to come out and corner the market first.

Also, Joost isn't TV at all! It's much more like a video library only with streaming video quality.

To sum it up, It'll never take over from BitTorrent.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hoagie View Post

To sum it up, It'll never take over from BitTorrent.
      You cannot compare the two,Joost will be TV on the PC once they get it sorted plus streaming Videos as you mentioned in your post.

P2P is a means of illegally downloading new movies,games,progs e.t.c. , the two are totally different.

Online television service Joost revealed that it has signed a multi-million dollar deal with five of the prominent venture capital and media groups, in exchange for a small percentage of the company. Joost added that the deal is around $45 million, which will be used to accelerate product development, global expansion, localization, and service offerings.

The partners in the venture include Index Ventures, Sequoia Capital, CBS Corp., Viacom and Li Ka Shing Foundation. Announcing the deal, Joost co-founder Janus Friis said that his company made a careful selection of the partners who will benefit Joost in the long run.

"This funding represents a tremendous vote of confidence in Joost's platform. We've carefully selected these investors from a variety of interested parties, as they are best-in-class in their respective arenas and bring unique assets to Joost that will enable us to significantly accelerate growth and development of the Company", Friis said.

Index Ventures is one of Europe's leading venture capital firms, which along with Sequoia Capital, invests in impactful technologies around the world. Sequoia Capital is the first investor and business partner in a number of companies that make up 10 percent of NASDAQ's value.

Li Ka Shing Foundation is a charitable foundation started by chairman of Hutchison Whampoa Limited and Cheung Kong Holdings, Li Ka Shing. Friis said that Joost would be able to assert its presence in China and other parts of Asia by working closely with companies associated with Li.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I just sent the invitation to :email addy removed by admin

You can post your first name, last name and email. Then only I can try to send the invitation.

Fiberoptic gave me code for demonoid and if you want invitation to joost Fiber please leave your email in this thread.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 19-05-07 at 07:56 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

quote removed by admin

OMFG he pm's you his email addy and you post it in an open forum
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 19-05-07 at 07:55 PM.

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Alan your link is nice.

check this link too: Streamick.com - Watch TV online free TV broadcast directory

Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

max,
      Don't panic. The people who gives their email to strangers for whatever (joost or demonoid or something else) uses what is called a disposable email , meaning they know that they use it only for signing in forums like this and also are very well aware it will be flooded with spam.

Mine is removedbyadmin. I just go and check whether I received the mail I am looking for and then simply empty the whole thing. By the way, my Inbox will be with 200 emails ( almost spam) almost daily.

So take a deep breath and relax.

I will invite only people who post their email in this OPEN forum and also I am telling them that I might use their email to inform that I sent the invitation to so and so and so others can contact them by PM and ask for invitations as me alone cannot invite unlimited number of people. This is pretty basic and everyone knows how these things work. I apologize for assuming this and sorry if I offended somebody's senses.

If you are worried about your privacy and don't trust that person or if you are lazy to create a disposable email ( you can create unlimited emails, personal, job or disposable in yahoo, hotmail , gmail etc) please don't expect and ask for invitation from me.

thank you.
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 19-05-07 at 07:55 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast