Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky is handing out free HD TVs to customers

This is a discussion on Sky is handing out free HD TVs to customers within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Sky is handing out free HD TVs to customers | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express SKY is ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Sky is handing out free HD TVs to customers

Sky is handing out free HD TVs to customers | Tech | Life & Style | Daily Express
      SKY is hoping to tempt customers away from online streaming services with the promise of a free HD TV.

Sky is offering new customers who sign-up to the Family Bundle a free 32-inch LG TV.

The satellite broadcaster says the LG HD set carries an RRP of 249.

Those who already have enough TVs in their life can instead opt for a Samsung Galaxy Tab E or a 100 shopping voucher.

Sky customers can cash this in the voucher as either a Amazon gift certificate, a Tesco in-store voucher or a pre-paid MasterCard.

New customers have 90 days after the Sky engineer activates their service to claim the free LG TV, Samsung Galaxy Tab E or shopping credit.

The promotion carries an extra 10 one-time fee and will run until March 17th 2016.

The news comes weeks after the popular satellite broadcaster launched its entirely-new television service, Sky Q.

Sky Q comes with redesigned hardware, including a new bluetooth touchpad remote control, support for 4K Ultra HD content and new multi-room devices.

But the satellite broadcaster has not given up on Sky+ HD.

It recently unveiled a brand-new Netflix-style feature for the best-selling set-top box and teased new functionality coming to customers later this year.

2. Advertisement
      pete.i is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01757
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Freesat/etc
      Thanks

Re: Sky is handing out free HD TVs to customers

Well, after looking at Sky's scheduling I still cannot see anything that could tempt me, an ex Sky television services subscriber, back. My eyesight isn't good enough to tell the very small differences between HD telly and ordinary telly and their programming schedules do not have anything that I want that I cannot get on Freeview and Freesat. For the odd film that I want I buy those on DVD and for the documentaries that I miss on Freeview I can get on You Tube. I still use Sky fibre broadband that I think is second to none but Sky's television bundles and pricing do nothing for me.