Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky Fibre Unlimited deal

This is a discussion on Sky Fibre Unlimited deal within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; News from elsewhere on the Internet... Apparently some of the retentions teams are pushing advance payment on Line Rental and ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Sky Fibre Unlimited deal

News from elsewhere on the Internet...

Apparently some of the retentions teams are pushing advance payment on Line Rental and SFU deal to get 4.44 per month for customers.

Sky Fibre Optic Broadband (Existing Customer Retention Deal) - 4.44/month - Hot UK Deals
      This is to share an offer from Sky Broadband (Fibre Optic) when I casually mentioned I was considering moving to Virgin. I have been a Sky customer for several years, so I am assuming this is what their retention department is currently authorised to offer, if pushed:

** Reduction of Fibre Optic broadband from 20 to 5 for the first 12 months of their 18 month contract.
      ** Immediate account credit of 100 (2 x 50)

This takes the cost of a brand new Fibre Optic contract down to 4.44 a month, for 18 months. The installation and SR102 Sky Hub are both free (aside from a 6.95 Hub delivery charge).

This is the best deal I've come across, beating cashback sites and anything Sky have previously offered.
      Do note that you are signing up for an 18 month contract, which is currently standard for the SFU product.

As always Sky can withdraw this offer at any time, without notice, to new people.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

2. Advertisement
      G3WYP is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet Unlimited Fibre
      Router: Plusnet Hub one
      Thanks

Re: Sky Fibre Unlimited deal

My Broadband and phone contract runs out in one month. Last year I managed to pay my line rental in advance just before sky dropped the advance payment in favour of monthly payments.

I rang sky this afternoon and went through the usual press this for that etc and eventually had the option to cancel Broadband, this option I selected and was immediately answered by an operator from the Scotland call centre. Explained that I had paid in advance last year and that they did not offer this option now, I was surprised when the operator told me he could offer this at the same price as last year 140.40 and then offered me free broadband for a year. My 12 month contract does not expire until early next month but the operator said he would put the offer on my file and if I ring back it will still be there. He also offered me Fibre Broadband at a very good price but not as good as PlusNet at the moment. So a bit more research to be done.

So Sky can offer advance line rental payment, not sure if it is just if you say you may leave but if you want the option it is worth asking for because at the above price it is a saving of quite a bit.

Derek

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Would you have to pay 140.40 in advance, or was it a 140.40 / 12 = 11.70 per month price match?

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      Would you have to pay 140.40 in advance, or was it a 140.40 / 12 = 11.70 per month price match?
      he whole idea is that you get the discount by paying n advance, not spreading it out over the year.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      he whole idea is that you get the discount by paying n advance, not spreading it out over the year.
      Indeed, that used to be the idea.

Sky don't officially cater for this method of payment anymore & considering this was an offer made to an individual over the phone, naturally i was intrigued as to whether...

Nevermind.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G3WYP View Post
      My Broadband and phone contract runs out in one month. Last year I managed to pay my line rental in advance just before sky dropped the advance payment in favour of monthly payments.

I rang sky this afternoon and went through the usual press this for that etc and eventually had the option to cancel Broadband, this option I selected and was immediately answered by an operator from the Scotland call centre. Explained that I had paid in advance last year and that they did not offer this option now, I was surprised when the operator told me he could offer this at the same price as last year 140.40 and then offered me free broadband for a year. My 12 month contract does not expire until early next month but the operator said he would put the offer on my file and if I ring back it will still be there. He also offered me Fibre Broadband at a very good price but not as good as PlusNet at the moment. So a bit more research to be done.

So Sky can offer advance line rental payment, not sure if it is just if you say you may leave but if you want the option it is worth asking for because at the above price it is a saving of quite a bit.

Derek
      Only "Cancel Broadband" can do this offer FYI.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

So was that a pro-rata monthly price match, or an offer to pay 1 year in advance at that reduced price?

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      So was that a pro-rata monthly price match, or an offer to pay 1 year in advance at that reduced price?
      1 year in advance for 140.40