Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Like Tree1Likes

Skyworld Offer Code for 12 months half price

This is a discussion on Skyworld Offer Code for 12 months half price within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; I can understand people's point of view if they get annoyed by lots of different threads asking for a freebie. ...

webheadjunky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cumbernauld
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Skyworld Offer Code for 12 months half price

I can understand people's point of view if they get annoyed by lots of different threads asking for a freebie. I can also understand why people want to ask for a freebie

But I responded to an offer on this existing thread. I have never created a thread purely for this purpose

I see nothing wrong here

Perhaps someone could explain why they have a problem, when the offer I responded to was made on an exisitng thread on an open forum and no eligibility requirement was stipulated?
      Last edited by webheadjunky; 17-11-11 at 11:17 PM. Reason: Missing word

2. Advertisement
      reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Thanks
      Theres been a load of ungrateful members join just to get a code and be quite arsey about and posting multiple threads. This has annoyed a lot of regular members and has created a bit of a stigma (unfairly) for people asking for codes.

We do regularly discuss a better way to allow people to ask for codes or those with codes to distribute them.

Personally I would like all codes to be donated to a central pot and they get allocated upon donation to the forums charity. That's just my opinion though of course.

No problem with asking for codes as long as it just one request and done in a pleasant, respectful way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to reddwarfcrew For This Useful Post:

webheadjunky (17-11-11)

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by webheadjunky View Post
      I can understand people's point of view if they get annoyed by lots of different threads asking for a freebie. I can also understand why people want to ask for a freebie
      Agreed on both points.

But I responded to an offer on this existing thread. I have never created a thread purely for this purpose

I see nothing wrong here?
      Nope, and noones having a go at you

Perhaps someone could explain why they have a problem with that when the offer was made on an open forum and no eligibility requirement was stipulated?
      I personally dont have a problem with that, you seem to participate and I wouldnt have an issue with giving out a genuine code to people like you when I get them.

What winds me up is people who have no interest in contributing to the site and are just after a freebie.

Browse the threads and you will see many "buskers" with 1 post and thats it.

webheadjunky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cumbernauld
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dholdi View Post
      Agreed on both points.

Nope, and noones having a go at you

I personally dont have a problem with that, you seem to participate and I wouldnt have an issue with giving out a genuine code to people like you when I get them.

What winds me up is people who have no interest in contributing to the site and are just after a freebie.

Browse the threads and you will see many "buskers" with 1 post and thats it.
      OK Fair comment

I won't deny I was attracted to the forum by the prospect of getting a code but I do actually enjoy reading a lot of the articles and would contribute more, but I don't have the technical know-how or experience of using HD or 3D for what, let's face it, are a lot of technical threads

And that's me who used to have a Sky+ service for several years. If there are people out there who are new to Sky, then would it not be even harder for them to contribute as well?

But I do agree there are a lot of these threads clogging the forum and personally I think they are fairly pointless

If there are any folks reading this who have posted these threads, no offense but here's what I think and it's just an opinion, nothing more....

My view is that if someone has a code, they won't be trawling the forum to see who asked for one and then go out of their way to PM them! They know the demand is there and will just say they have it and wait for us to go to them!

And clearly you're not winning any brownie points by posting such threads so maybe better just to wait for the opportunity and be ready when it comes??

dholdi is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: LCRIB
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

OK Fair comment

I won't deny I was attracted to the forum by the prospect of getting a code but I do actually enjoy reading a lot of the articles and would contribute more, but I don't have the technical know-how or experience of using HD or 3D for what, let's face it, are a lot of technical threads
      But you take the time and effort to post a reply like this, it doesnt matter whether you have the know how or experience, you are contributing.

And that's me who used to have a Sky+ service for several years. If there are people out there who are new to Sky, then would it not be even harder for them to contribute as well?
      Yes, it would be unfair to expect new users to be the font of knowledge, but noone has an issue with the many people with 1 post who ask the same question about how to do x, y or z, thats what the site is here for.
      Many other sites slag new users off with responses such as "use the search facility", something I'm pround to say doesnt happen here as an answer is usually forthcoing even if its been posted numerous times before.

But I do agree there are a lot of these threads clogging the forum and personally I think they are fairly pointless

If there are any folks reading this who have posted these threads, no offense but here's what I think and it's just an opinion, nothing more....

My view is that if someone has a code, they won't be trawling the forum to see who asked for one and then go out of their way to PM them! They know the demand is there and will just say they have it and wait for us to go to them!

And clearly you're not winning any brownie points by posting such threads so maybe better just to wait for the opportunity and be ready when it comes??
      Absolutely

bulldog147 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cuckoo Oak
      Sky TV: 1 x Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Hi all, the sky codes is now all sold out. I will come back here soon with more codes as soon I get it, I will post here and good news I will open my PM to public for 1 hour only! Watch this space! The 10 users will have free access to Sky Sports 1 HD, Sky Sports 2 HD, Sky Sports 3 HD, Sky Sports 4 HD, Eurosport 1 HD, ESPN HD and all Sky Movies HD / plus Sky Kids HD on the internet for free with highest quality HD to my server site 24/7 (only the 10 users) for the whole December (31 days free access)

Watch this space Nov 30th! The winner of 10 users will get it.

** please do not add me, sent me PM say the word "Free Access" on the Nov 30th (only for 1 hour) at 8pm till 9pm. Anyones sent me PM before these date and time will be VOID and will not be entry **

The PM will be picking out of the hat draw (my partner will do this) will win the whole December free internet access on my server for 31 days for xmas. (Only ten members will win this)
      Last edited by bulldog147; 22-11-11 at 01:56 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567