Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!)

This is a discussion on Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!) within the Offers forums, part of the Sky & Sky+ TV category; Hi all, Just thought I would add to the intruduce a friend saga! I signed my mum up in Nov ...

booshy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Glossop
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!)

Hi all,

Just thought I would add to the intruduce a friend saga!

I signed my mum up in Nov last year, they installed her SKY+ within the week & she is delighted (never had SKY before). I duly rang the number SKY gave me (08702 412 939) on 29 Nov 2007 & was assured I would be contacted in writing within 28 days with contact details of how to get my free SKY+ box (£30 installation)

Not heard a tap! Chased with them 3 Jan 2008 & was fed Bull manure; promised I would be contacted within 10 days.

I was considering ringing SKY & saying my mum will cancel her subscription as they have failed to fulfill their contract. Does anyone know who I ring as get passed from pillar to post when ring normal numbers? Also is anyone else having similar probs?

Cheers, Andy
      Last edited by NewsreadeR; 11-01-08 at 12:32 AM. Reason: changed swear filtered word as per rules

2. Advertisement
      NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: Introduce a friend for SKY+ (still waiting!)

Many many stories exactly the same, undefendable, but the general consensus is that it could take up to 60 days for them to be sent / installed.

Hopefully soon, and yes I know it doesn't make it right.

edit: I would ring them again, I know someone who had both the Sky+ and the vouchers because of the delay.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

Thanks

Thanks for that.

Just rang them again, they apologised for delays & said that there were problems setting up the number to ring for installation! Manure again?

I stated that I was somewhat disapointed with the delay as I was wanting to have multi-room, I said I was slightly concerned that installation costs might rise?

The lady stated that there was something in the small print about the installation fee being waved if you took multi-room at the same time. Can anyone confirm that this might be the case. Anyway they again said I should receive the leter within 2 weeks.....

I wont hold my breath ;-)

Andy

Thanks

UPDATE - I should have held my breath! Letter arrived today! Rang the number & they are installing next Friday...Yippeee, just a word of caution though, they are trying a scam of charging £60.00 for the installation.

I said no way, it clearly stated £30.00 when advertised, they are still insisting that you be charged £60.00 otherwise they cannot set up but will refund £30.00 within 5 days. I dont like the sound of it but it was the only way I could get a date for installation.

Will update when all OK

Andy

ps, no way they will wave fee when having multi room at same time!
      Last edited by booshy; 11-01-08 at 06:58 PM.

daxian is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: skelmersdale
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

hi all....
      just had the same letter today getting installed tuesday ...same with 60 for installation ,30 back in 48 hours .....due to price increases 1st of january.
      will also update as and when it happens.......Dave......

Phunky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ive got the letter today it states £30 which is all i will allow them to take out of my account - They have offered Sky HD for £99 but im not too keen on having to take the Sky HD subscription i mean i cant get all the channels as it is with my communal dish so im unsure to what Sky HD will be like.

shafgofta is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I am in the same boat.

First my friend rang Customer Services on 08702 43 20 04. After holding for a while she was given a number for the Voucher Distribution Department - 08702 412939 - they wouldn’t transfer her as they said their phones cannot do this. So she rang the Voucher Distribution department. Now these people appear to lie. First my friend was told that they could only deal with the person recommending her – me. So she passed the phone over to me. The women sounded very surprised to hear me, presumably this is classic stall number one, assuming your friend will not be there. Then she immediately put me on hold (classic stall number two?). When she came back to me she said she couldn't help as we had completed our details on-line, before ringing up to confirm, and she could only help with registrations by phone. On asking to talk to her manager my friend was then told she couldn't as her manager had already provided help to the women and now refused to talk to her directly. My friend was calm and professional throughout. So, now on speaker phone, we asked who could help and she referred us back to Customer Services.

Speaking to Customer Services this afternoon, I was given the same advice that it is not their department, and that I need to talk to the Voucher Distribution department instead. Knowing that this was going to get me nothing more than high blood pressure I suggested a conference call Customer Services and the Voucher Department - I would have done this if my phone was so enabled. The guy in Customer Services agreed this would be a good idea but said he was unable to help.

I can only conclude that this is a scam, which should be taken to Watchdog and/or Which.

I am also going to complain in writing to

Sky Subscribers Services Limited

4 Mackintosh Road

Kirkton Campus

Livingston

West Lothian

EH54 7BW

NewsreadeR is offline Site Founder
      Exchange: Marshalls Cross
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Removed duplicate post.

~ Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience ~

Follow us on Twitter @skyuser

HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

free sky+ box under the introduce a friend has a £30 installation??

Where on earth did they hide that one away, cause at no point did anyone mention this to me :s

Im still waiting also. Whats happened to me is that the person that took the call in December put the code in for the vouchers. I got these yesterday but already have a long list of calls within their system telling them it is the sky+ box I am expecting. Apparently a letter was sent out to me on the 18th Jan and I should allow up until the end of next week for that to arrive ? hmm 2 weeks for a letter to be delivered, oh my.

They told me that I should send the vouchers back and they will organise the box, but I told them that under the terms and conditions and going on basic consumer law I am entitled tot he box regardless and so would not relenquish my ownershp of the vouchers until that box was safely in my home setup and working...

And the wait goes on...
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

HSNetwork is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: SLRF
      Broadband ISP: Max going to O2 Pro
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Just caught the post about the £60 installation charge.

Seems as though sky are getting better and better and ripping money from people. But for me non the less will not take a £60 installaton charge as I applied for the offer before 1st Jan and it is only down to Sky's own slowness that I am now having it done in the new year. My mum (aka friend) had everything setup well before christmas forget new year.
      Regards,

Tom (HSNetwork)

A Word of advice :-
      "Dont ever p*** of your Network/System/Server Admin. Any responsible IT Admin will know more about you than you know about yourself, just ask those that have wronged me.

How to set up Wireless on your Ipod Touch / IPhone (PDF including pictures)
      How to set up Sky Emails on your Ipod Touch / Iphone (PDF including pictures)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast