Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Bebox V2/582n Unlock/Generic Firmware flash.

This is a discussion on Bebox V2/582n Unlock/Generic Firmware flash. within the O2 / Be Customer Information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; If anyone's got a bebox v2 (TG582n) kicking around and wants to turn it into something slightly more useful then ...

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

Bebox V2/582n Unlock/Generic Firmware flash.

If anyone's got a bebox v2 (TG582n) kicking around and wants to turn it into something slightly more useful then here's how you replace the BE firmware with a generic version and thus enable the thing to be used on other ISP's.

I was going to write a tutorial for this but someone's already beaten me to to it

JonathanDavis.me.uk Flashing Generic Firmware on a Technicolor TG582N - A lot of the links in this are dead, but thankfully the mirror link for the required file was not.

I used the command "software upgrade" in the telnet interface to get mine to flash rather than messing around with holding paperclips in the reset hole, this also works.

This will possibly work for others as well if you can find a generic/unlocked firmware to flash them (The BE 585v6 /780wl and 716's were NOT locked anyway, the 585v7 was not sure about the o2 side of things)

Edit:

I did find some R10 firmwares on the internet but sadly they are for other ISP's routers and won't flash, the R8 firmware linked from the tutorial was the only version I've found so far that these modems will accept :-(

Edit2:

WOOT after finding a link to the now dead modem-help site that actually was a direct link to the file I was able to do a search for the actual filename for the compatible R10 firmware, this being the internet someone had uploaded it elsewhere and I was able to grab a copy.

The file name is mst_tg582ndb_r10.2.5.2_bm.bin and I've put a copy on dropbox at the link below (PM me if the links dead)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wmlb8lsge....2_bm.bin?dl=0

Username : AdministratorPassword :
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------

| | o |
      |--- ,---. ,---. |---. ,---. . ,---. ,---. | ,---. ,---.
      | |---' | | | | | | | | | | | | |
      `---' `---' `---' ` ' ` ' ` `---' `---' `---' `---' `

Technicolor TG582n

10.2.5.2.BM

Copyright (c) 1999-2012, Technicolor

------------------------------------------------------------------------
      {Administrator}=>

Last edited by dragon2611; 26-07-15 at 02:46 PM.

2. Advertisement
      JJProductionsPT is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Vodafone
      Router: Technicolor TG582n
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Bebox V2/582n Unlock/Generic Firmware flash.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2611 View Post
      If anyone's got a bebox v2 (TG582n) kicking around and wants to turn it into something slightly more useful then here's how you replace the BE firmware with a generic version and thus enable the thing to be used on other ISP's.

I was going to write a tutorial for this but someone's already beaten me to to it

JonathanDavis.me.uk Flashing Generic Firmware on a Technicolor TG582N - A lot of the links in this are dead, but thankfully the mirror link for the required file was not.

I used the command "software upgrade" in the telnet interface to get mine to flash rather than messing around with holding paperclips in the reset hole, this also works.

This will possibly work for others as well if you can find a generic/unlocked firmware to flash them (The BE 585v6 /780wl and 716's were NOT locked anyway, the 585v7 was not sure about the o2 side of things)

Edit:

I did find some R10 firmwares on the internet but sadly they are for other ISP's routers and won't flash, the R8 firmware linked from the tutorial was the only version I've found so far that these modems will accept :-(

Edit2:

WOOT after finding a link to the now dead modem-help site that actually was a direct link to the file I was able to do a search for the actual filename for the compatible R10 firmware, this being the internet someone had uploaded it elsewhere and I was able to grab a copy.

The file name is mst_tg582ndb_r10.2.5.2_bm.bin and I've put a copy on dropbox at the link below (PM me if the links dead)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8wmlb8lsge....2_bm.bin?dl=0
      Hello and thank you very much for the firmware it worked in my router that was used by Vodafone. However I have another router with DANT-1 10.2.2.8 BH firmware, and that one doesn't work here. Is there anyway you can tell me where I can get it?

Thank you

dragon2611 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: AAISP + Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Sky TV: N/A
      Thanks

There's a 10.2.0B at thomson-technicolor-speedtouch ADSL2+ modems : smartRG SR505n VDSL modems : thomson cable modems dcm475-476 :zyxel 660R-F1 VSG1432 VDSL modems but I don't know if it's for a DANT-T or a DANT-1 board as it wouldn't flash on mine,
      If I tried to send it a firmware it didn't like then it would just reboot and restart the download.

It seems there's at least 3 varients of the 582N that I know about

DANT - T - With USB port
      DANT - T - Without USB port
      DANT - 1 - With USB port.

Why <removed> manufactures think it's acceptable to make multiple variants and call them the same model without any easy way of knowning which one you have is beyond me

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/thomson/tg582n

I know some people are trying to get openWRT to flash to it, but I don't think anyones managed it yet
      Last edited by Scubbie; 27-10-15 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Edited for language

pcwiztech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Crappy TalkTalk
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dragon2611 View Post
      There's a 10.2.0B at thomson-technicolor-speedtouch ADSL2+ modems : smartRG SR505n VDSL modems : thomson cable modems dcm475-476 :zyxel 660R-F1 VSG1432 VDSL modems but I don't know if it's for a DANT-T or a DANT-1 board as it wouldn't flash on mine,
      If I tried to send it a firmware it didn't like then it would just reboot and restart the download.

It seems there's at least 3 varients of the 582N that I know about

DANT - T - With USB port
      DANT - T - Without USB port
      DANT - 1 - With USB port.

Why <Removed> manufactures think it's acceptable to make multiple variants and call them the same model without any easy way of knowning which one you have is beyond me

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/thomson/tg582n

I know some people are trying to get openWRT to flash to it, but I don't think anyones managed it yet

Hi, I can confirm I have 10.2.0.B on the DANT-T variant (http://www.speedtouch.ca/firmware/tg582n.10.2.0.B.bli) and it is working brilliantly, it seems this is the ONLY generic OEM firmware for the T variant, the only firmware that allowed me to enable bridge mode anyway, all other firmwares are locked down by Plusnet.
      Last edited by Scubbie; 27-10-15 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Edited for language

coopern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Hi Pcwiztech

I've updated my tg582n dant-t with 10.2.0.B.li, from the speedtouch.ca website, completed okay, no errors, but I can't login cos I don't know the password and user id. I've tried 'administrator' and the serial number 'cp...' etc but it hasn't worked. Can you help pls?

N

pcwiztech is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Crappy TalkTalk
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coopern View Post
      Hi Pcwiztech

I've updated my tg582n dant-t with 10.2.0.B.li, from the speedtouch.ca website, completed okay, no errors, but I can't login cos I don't know the password and user id. I've tried 'administrator' and the serial number 'cp...' etc but it hasn't worked. Can you help pls?

N
      Hi, please try the following.

1. Reset router by pressing reset button for 10 seconds
      2. Try different web browser or different device
      3. Make sure SN is BLOCK CAPS (CP*****)

the default login info is:

admin (not administrator)
      (SN)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pcwiztech For This Useful Post:

coopern (15-12-15)

coopern is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

Thanks for that. I reset the router as stated and the following happened - 1) I was auto logged in on the web interface, 2) I could telnet using id Administrator and blank password, 3) After exiting, any further logins were impossible, nothing worked even after adding different users and passwords. Thankfully, after a reset, I was able to install the old plusnet (UK) software using the Thomson installer, which worked fine, including any number of logins.