Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do any ex 02/Be customers read her?

This is a discussion on Do any ex 02/Be customers read her? within the O2 / Be Customer Information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I got a question on what happens after first 12 month with Sky so is this the right section? (Sorry ...

dnpark38 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Do any ex 02/Be customers read her?

I got a question on what happens after first 12 month with Sky so is this the right section?

(Sorry about typo in Subject her of course is here.)

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Do any ex 02/Be customers read her?

Not an ex O2/Be customer and don't know the answer to your question posed in the title. As for your second question, nothing, your service will carry on as normal.
      If you were given a discounted price for twelve months, the discount will end and your subscription will increase in line with Sky's standard prices.

Were you advised of the contract length when you upgraded to Sky Fibre Unlimited? It is currently 18 months but may have been less when you upgraded.
      Once your initial contract period has expired you are free to change supplier without incurring any early termination charges.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      Not an ex O2/Be customer and don't know the answer to your question posed in the title. As for your second question, nothing, your service will carry on as normal.
      If you were given a discounted price for twelve months, the discount will end and your subscription will increase in line with Sky's standard prices.

Were you advised of the contract length when you upgraded to Sky Fibre Unlimited? It is currently 18 months but may have been less when you upgraded.
      Once your initial contract period has expired you are free to change supplier without incurring any early termination charges.
      Thanks.
      I'm on a special price for the first year which I guess could be as much as half the usual Sky rates and on a one month notice contract.

So during the next six months 02 followed by Be customers their first year will be ending thus I'm hoping they will share what Sky offer them, my year will be ending in March.

In my case to go to as you suggest onto the normal Sky rates that would double my out going and I would look at alternative suppliers. Of course if I stay with Sky I will be watching that I still have a one month contract.
      I must say I have been highly satisfied with my broadband service and only known it to be down for 2 to 3 hours in the night once when I wasn't using it.

Thanks

As your offer doesn't finish until March it is too early to check yet but within "My Sky" you can check upcoming subscription costs for the next three months. If you check this early in the new year the increased costs will not come as a shock and you will have time to decide on a course of action.

While on a rolling one month contract you can change supplier with less than one months notice without incurring a penalty however be aware that if accepting a new offer from Sky it may be subject to changes in your contract.

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      As your offer doesn't finish until March it is too early to check yet but within "My Sky" you can check upcoming subscription costs for the next three months. If you check this early in the new year the increased costs will not come as a shock and you will have time to decide on a course of action.

While on a rolling one month contract you can change supplier with less than one months notice without incurring a penalty however be aware that if accepting a new offer from Sky it may be subject to changes in your contract.
      Yes agree if I were not to accept the going rate costs and negotiated a reduction from them I would probably end up tied in for a year or so.
      So as 02 customers were being migrated at this time last year I'm wondering what they have settled for.

Because of the very good reliable service I'm getting will be hard to change to a new supplier who's service would be unknown, of course no supplier is really known as good or bad until a breakdown or fault occurs and time known to get fixed.

carpy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01474
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Thanks

I was an O2 BB customer and when i moved over to Sky i was given 12 months free BB, when this expired a short while ago i was offered it for 5 pm which was ok but when i saw that they were offering new customers 12 months free i rang and asked if i could have the same deal, i was surprised when it was agreed without any haggling, so for two minutes of my time and a free call to Sky i got it free for another year, it seems that it pays to ask,the worst that can happen is that they say no.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

At the moment it seems that if you have had an offer from Sky, it pays to call up at the end of the offer, or just before, to see if Sky can make another offer.

I would highly recommend that you be friendly to the person you are dealing with and you are likely to be offered something better. The right departments to ask for tend to be Cancellations or Retentions.

Their list of offers change frequently, so you make be offered something different to carpy, but it is worth a try.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Sky TV:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post
      At the moment it seems that if you have had an offer from Sky, it pays to call up at the end of the offer, or just before, to see if Sky can make another offer.

I would highly recommend that you be friendly to the person you are dealing with and you are likely to be offered something better. The right departments to ask for tend to be Cancellations or Retentions.

Their list of offers change frequently, so you make be offered something different to carpy, but it is worth a try.
      Again thanks for the tip.
      I haven't checked what the present full rate prices are but will I expect to be double what I'm paying. More if prices have risen but competition might have brought them down by then.
      I would have thought Sky will advise me at say 11 months of the going rates as it is a month in advance DD I pay by but as you suggest if they don't I should be proactive.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

I would suggest that you would need to check your My Sky page as I don't think Sky will advise you when your offer is due to expire.

I guess the excuse would be "well you signed up to a 12 month deal and now its finished".

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scubbie View Post

I guess the excuse would be "well you signed up to a 12 month deal and now its finished".
      Time to walk?
      Make sure you have elected to receive offers from Sky before you do and watch them come chasing after you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast