Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do any ex 02/Be customers read her?

This is a discussion on Do any ex 02/Be customers read her? within the O2 / Be Customer Information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Originally Posted by dnpark38 Again thanks for the tip. I haven't checked what the present full rate prices are but ...

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Do any ex 02/Be customers read her?

Quote Originally Posted by dnpark38 View Post
      Again thanks for the tip.
      I haven't checked what the present full rate prices are but will I expect to be double what I'm paying. More if prices have risen but competition might have brought them down by then.
      I would have thought Sky will advise me at say 11 months of the going rates as it is a month in advance DD I pay by but as you suggest if they don't I should be proactive.
      ex-O2 migration discounts end 12 months after the migration date.
      What are you paying currently? do you have line rental too or just broadband?

You have a line rental increase happening on 1st December so for the next few weeks you have the opportunity to call Sky and get a better deal if you pay line rental to Sky, although you aren't actually in a 12 month minimum term contract if you were migrated on both or broadband only. Be aware new deals will extend your contract from the point of the call.

If you have broadband only then you will need to move your telephone to Sky to get a new 12 month contract and discount but you can do this any time due to not being in a contract.

This is only applicable this year. If you take a deal like this then you will need to wait for the end of your contract next year. Also you can continue to use your own router if you didn't take a Sky hub when moved over and want to. New customer need to take broadband pro to be allowed this.

2. Advertisement
      dnpark38 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01274
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Do any ex 02/Be customers read her?

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      ex-O2 migration discounts end 12 months after the migration date.
      What are you paying currently? do you have line rental too or just broadband?

You have a line rental increase happening on 1st December so for the next few weeks you have the opportunity to call Sky and get a better deal if you pay line rental to Sky, although you aren't actually in a 12 month minimum term contract if you were migrated on both or broadband only. Be aware new deals will extend your contract from the point of the call.

If you have broadband only then you will need to move your telephone to Sky to get a new 12 month contract and discount but you can do this any time due to not being in a contract.

This is only applicable this year. If you take a deal like this then you will need to wait for the end of your contract next year. Also you can continue to use your own router if you didn't take a Sky hub when moved over and want to. New customer need to take broadband pro to be allowed this.
      A lot there to comment on, do my best to cover all.
      22.70 Line, anytime phone and standard fibre BB prior to December line etc. increase.
      Have rung Sky and they will not alter the line increase etc. happening December so no deals, yes I'm aware if there were it would be a new 12 month contract.
      No could not use my existing router as on Be as they do not do fibre and so Sky supplied a SR102 Hub.
      I'm not on Broadband Pro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12