Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

o2 just been moved

This is a discussion on o2 just been moved within the O2 / Be Customer Information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Couple of weeks ago received a text message on o2 mobile to say have been moved to sky broadband, I ...

dabba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: O2
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

o2 just been moved

Couple of weeks ago received a text message on o2 mobile to say have been moved to sky broadband, I received a letter in September informing me of the impending move so I just waited rather than opting for an earlier move, when I use speedcheck it still shows a be number? got another text today showing my bill over double what was in the letter, and advising i can check bill at sky.com which I've just tried but it's asking for a account number which I've not received just been on the phone to sky but still no account number after long call (i've a bt landline) so costing plenty, does anyone know a freephone please.

2. Advertisement
      gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: o2 just been moved

I occasionally find this site helpful.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gymno For This Useful Post:

dabba (04-03-14)

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dabba View Post
      does anyone know a freephone please.
      As you were/are an O2BB customer you can use the 0800 230 0202 number. You'll get through to an O2 team (actually Sky now I suspect) and they will have your old and possibly new account details. They can answer any questions about billing, whether you've migrated etc or transfer your call (still free) to the dedicated Sky O2 team if needed.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Saturday For This Useful Post:

dabba (04-03-14)

dabba is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: O2
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

many thanks gymno & saturday, used gymno's link and it provided 020 number (most calls included free on BT landline) and again got through to advisor (not UK based) after lengthy on spell on phone put on hold several times again, informed I am now with sky the extra money was for two months broadband he couldn't explain why it was over double the quoted monthly charge but asured it would revert to in the quoted price the month after, tried speedtest.net again and the isp comes up as Be UnLimted download is about the same as before 7.05 Mbps upload has halved to 0.67 Mbps. they seem to have my bank account details and mobile number from o2 but not an email address to make contact so have let them know, and see how it goes.

Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Personally I'd double check via the O2 freephone number as you'll get through to a dedicated team rather than a general advisor. You're more likely to get things sorted rather than a "don't know".

If you have switched across then you may be in DLM which is testing your line and could possibly explain your lower sync speeds. Over the coming days (if you are in DLM) your speeds will change and hopefully improve. Again, if you speak to a BB advisor you'll get this confirmed or the speed issue investigated if DLM isn't running.

esc4p3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Freeview HD
      Thanks

Similar story to me, got moved but didn't get told in advance, this was about a month ago now. I did get a refund on the unused part of my bill from o2, which was nice. Same situation with the extra large first bill, but I can confirm my 2nd bill which has just come through is at the stated Sky price. After a month though I am only getting about 0.6mb upload speed when I used to get 1.1/1.2mb or so, which is unfortunate. Download is the same at around 8mb