Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Like Tree1Likes

Another unwilling o2 customer thrown to the Sky.

This is a discussion on Another unwilling o2 customer thrown to the Sky. within the O2 / Be Customer Information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; Provided that there are only two cables feeding the box and that each gel crimp connects a core on the ...

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Another unwilling o2 customer thrown to the Sky.

Provided that there are only two cables feeding the box and that each gel crimp connects a core on the external cable to a core on the cable feeding your MS then yes there is no reason why you can't just cut the cables as near to the crimps as possible to leave the maximum length of cable should there be a need to reconnect them at a later date.

Strip back a sufficient length of sheath on the new cable (200 to 300 mm) and depending on the cable you fit any unused cores should be coiled neatly so that they are contained within the box when the cover is refitted.

2. Advertisement
      Clueless3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01344
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

@RunITDirect - thanks for the last tip.

Hi all - Seems that I might end up doing this recabling after I'm up and running with fibre because it's just too wet here to do the outside work and my fibre goes live in 5 days. This is a total pain because the recabling just may not happen as it's needed something like the change to fibre to even get it far enough up my To Do list.

Ah well, if that's the way it ends up, it will be interesting to see what speeds I do get with my rats nest cabling. Maybe it will be bad enough that I'll be forced into sorting it all out - in some ways bad speeds would be good speeds!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless3 View Post

Ah well, if that's the way it ends up, it will be interesting to see what speeds I do get with my rats nest cabling. Maybe it will be bad enough that I'll be forced into sorting it all out - in some ways bad speeds would be good speeds!!
      When you accepted the offer what speed were you advised that you would get?

Clueless3 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01344
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: SR102
      Sky TV: None
      Thanks

Hi guys and Gals - have been trying to reply to this thread for days but haven't been able to because I keep getting the message - PHP has encountered a Stack overflow - this only happens on this thread when I'm logged in. I can access and read all threads perfectly when I'm logged off and all threads EXCEPT this one when I'm logged in and I'm totally mystified. I've tried this on 2 computers and 3 different browsers!!!!!

I appear to have found a way around this problem but would still like to know how to resolve the error.

I am using the mobile version on my desktop and it works, as you can tell by this post.

All totally nuts but it's working.

In answer to SeaWright, here's what Sky tells me, in MYSky, that I should expect.

Your Sky Broadband & Speed Estimate

You have Sky Fibre Unlimited.

When you purchased Sky Broadband, we estimated that the maximum download speed for your line was 40.0Mbps - 40.0Mbps.

The actual Access Line Speed could be lower than this estimated speed range. If the speed is significantly lower please contact us.

Any thoughts on the error please??
      UPDATE == Still curious but changing back to desktop version, logging off and then back on and now all seems to be working - go figure, 'cause I can't!

Regards

Clueless3
      Last edited by Clueless3; 21-01-14 at 10:09 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clueless3 View Post
      Any thoughts on the error please??
      UPDATE == Still curious but changing back to desktop version, logging off and then back on and now all seems to be working - go figure, 'cause I can't!
      Don't know but I Have been getting the same error viz.
      PHP has encountered a Stack overflow
      when attempting to open the PM you sent me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234