Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By BillyHunt

Undecided?

This is a discussion on Undecided? within the O2 / Be Customer Information forums, part of the Sky Broadband help and support category; I've been offered free SKY TV for 12 months the thing is I was wanting to switch to fibre which ...

BillyHunt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Question Undecided?

I've been offered free SKY TV for 12 months the thing is I was wanting to switch to fibre which doesn't include the TV deal it's 10 a month
      for 6 months (then 20 a month)
      Not really bothered about TV but if it's for free

How easy is it to get the landline back from Sky to BT and how much does it cost?

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Undecided?

BT is currently the easiest provider for LLU customers to change to. Quite why I am not sure. It should be just as easy to change between any two providers but unfortunately this does not appear to be the case. BT are currently quoting a maximum price of 40 to transfer to them when placing a telephone line order online. It may be even less if broadband is included in the package though a contribution towards the cost of a router could be required.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

With Sky's current broadband packages you must also pay the Line Rental to Sky as well. Where someone joined Sky prior to September 2011 and also with the Ex-BE & Ex-O2 Broadband customers who are joining now, Sky Broadband customers can have other people (typically BT Retail) whom they pay the line rental to.

Once you move to Sky Fibre though, you will be required to take Sky's Line Rental.

Should you wish to move to another call provider after 12 months, I suspect that you will also need to move your broadband.

Switching providers works well. Although we will likely hear from the complainants on this forum, there aren't too many. One recent issue was with someone wanting to switch from SFU to PlusNet Fibre. Apparently they had to cancel their whole telephone/broadband package before PlusNet would take them on. This would leave a 3 week period when no telephone and broadband package would be available.

Hopefully the whole industry is working to resolve this and make the transition smoother.

Another member recently switched from SFU to BT Infinity and had no such problem.

...strange as both are a part of the same company.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

BillyHunt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: 02
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

In the end I was able to get free TV for 12 months and fibre half price for 6 months, that was just too good a deal to turn down.
      That's 6 Months at 5 less than what I'm currently paying then 6 Months at 5 more than what I'm paying so over the year it's exactly the same but I'll have Sky TV and Fibre.
      A no brainer really

I just hope I don't have any problems leaving should I decide to

I just got this email which doesn't bode well

BT has told us they're about to cancel your landline. If this happens, we'll have to cancel your O2 Home Broadband too.

If you didn't know that your line was being cancelled, you'll need to get in touch with BT to find out why. Or if you do know why it's happening, we need to talk to you soon.

What to do now
      Call our team on 0800 230 0202.

We need you to return your router to us within 30 days to avoid a charge being applied. We will send you a pre-paid envelope to return it in.

If we don't hear from you in the next few days, we may suspend your account. If you've called in the last few days, ignore this email.
      Scubbie likes this.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

The use of Sky's email service is not compulsory. When you set up your Sky ID you can use an email address with the same details or you can use an existing email address.

The choice is entirely yours.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Thanks

That's the problem with having your telephone and Broadband service from two different suppliers but don't worry If you haven't cancelled your BB service with O2 it will remain active until BT stop the telephone line which will be the same day that your services are transferred to Sky.

I wonder what O2 do with all the second hand routers?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

BillyHunt (02-06-13)