Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

How to play the now tv game

This is a discussion on How to play the now tv game within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I've convinced a retired couple to step up from their freeview channels and go for Now TV. Bit of background ...

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

How to play the now tv game

I've convinced a retired couple to step up from their freeview channels and go for Now TV.

Bit of background first:
      This couple just have the one hd tv with freeview integrated and up to now have recorded to VHS.
      Managed recently to get them going with a Samsung PVR, so can now series record, pause live tv etc and get freeview hd to record with ease. They love it.
      They often watch sky entertainment channels when out and about., but do not want full sky.
      So I have convinced them to go for Now TV.
      They insisted on getting it from John Lewis, so have the black (not the now tv smart box) box with a 3 month entertainment pass included.
      I will go round and set it up for them, so get them to sign up on the web, with a card, set a purchase pin etc.
      They have also got through a deal another 3 month entertainment pass and I have a spare 1 month entertainment pass that I have just acquired and will let them have.

When I set it up, can I apply all the passes straight away, in that it adds them and takes them in sequence? So they will have 3+3+1 month passes all in one go.
      Realise that the passes have a year before expiry.
      When they all finish, they will then just pop to shop or buy from amazon another 3 monthly pass and apply.
      Does it remind you that they are running out and renew?
      They do not want to be using a credit/debit card to take payment ongoing, but happy to add one for setup. So adding vouchers will be perfect for them.

I did ask them to have a look at the Now TV website to get some extra background, they said it was 'ghastly and over complicated and confusing'.
      Going there almost made them change their minds to going with it, oh dear!

2. Advertisement
      speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Re: How to play the now tv game

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      When I set it up, can I apply all the passes straight away, in that it adds them and takes them in sequence? So they will have 3+3+1 month passes all in one go.
      Unfortunately stacking passes is not possible. You won't be able to enter the code for the second 3 month pass until the first 3 month pass is within 1 month of its end date. And so on.

Does it remind you that they are running out and renew?
      No reminders are sent about expiries and auto-renewals, but you can see current pass end dates when logged into the My Account area of the website. So when a pass expires, it just auto-renews for 1 month provided there is a valid debit/credit card registered on the account.

- - - Updated - - -

Amazon often have offers of a box + 6 months Entertainment pass for about 20. Sometimes just the 6 months Entertainment pass for about the same price. Good value compared to the regular price of 6.99 per month.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      Unfortunately stacking passes is not possible. You won't be able to enter the code for the second 3 month pass until the first 3 month pass is within 1 month of its end date. And so on.

No reminders are sent about expiries and auto-renewals, but you can see current pass end dates when logged into the My Account area of the website. Amazon often have offers of a box + 6 months Entertainment pass for about 20. Sometimes just the 6 months Entertainment pass for about the same price. Good value compared to the regular price of 6.99 per month.
      Ok cheers, do wish there were some clear instructions on this.
      Just been looking at the website Myself and just gave up and thought I was pretty clued up with it from previous discussions here.
      So if they have a 3 month pass running, after 2 months, they can then enter another pass. If they tried before that does it say try later or what?

Cost is not an issue for this couple, they just prefer for their piece of mind and ease to use vouchers rather than a credit/debit card.
      They load up their iTunes, Google and Amazon account that way often, avid ebook and emagazine readers that they use that for.

Thanks
      Blog Entries

So if they have a 3 month pass running, after 2 months, they can then enter another pass. If they tried before that does it say try later or what?
      Correct.
      If they tried before that does it say try later or what?
      It simply won't accept it. Don't recall the exact wording, sorry!

Thanks

Just an update, this couple have been loving Now TV, well only as they have all the sky entertainment channels.
      They mentioned how easy it was to use. They also surprised me and said they added a week pass for Sky Sports so they could watch the Test Match cricket.

One thing though they keep asking and I cannot find on the Now TV site.
      Is there a list of what's coming soon, like the next month of all the entertainment and what gets deleted.
      They also were thinking of adding sky cinema movies for a month over Christmas. Does a current list exist for say December?

Thanks
      Blog Entries

I find the following lists useful to see what's available and until when:

Entertainment shows available for Catchup on Now TV...
      NowTV Catchup

Movies available on NOW TV (Sky Cinema)...
      NowTV Movies

Entertainment Boxsets available on NOW TV...
      NowTV Boxsets

In addition, given that movies on NOW TV are effectively the same as what's available via Sky Cinema on Sky+HD & Sky Q platforms, the Sky Cinema website is quite useful to see what's on and what's coming soon to Sky Cinema...
      Sky Cinema

8. The Following User Says Thank You to speedyrite For This Useful Post:

lettice (12-11-16)