Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

now tv nothing but problems

This is a discussion on now tv nothing but problems within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Thought I would try the 14 day trial and wow lost an hour or so on this trying to get ...

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

now tv nothing but problems

Thought I would try the 14 day trial and wow lost an hour or so on this trying to get it working.

1 - No chrome html5 support, website asks you to watch SD quality on obsolete firefox silverlight instead or use their app.
      2 - Windows 8.1 windows app brings up this error code when trying to play any movie "c00d36c4" not a single hit on google for the error code on windows, just xbox360 users reporting it.
      3 - the nowtv support forums I cannot even post due to an authentication session problem, so that doesnt even work.

I am about to do the last resort and connect a console up to use it.

Does anyone know what the code means and how to fix? ringing sky tomorrow but we all know they will just ask me to reinstall the app, reboot windows, reboot my router and then they will get stuck clueless.

Plays on the xbox360 (in hd also) but no subtitles.

So far I would rate this product as worthy of 3 month of my money compared to netflix which has html5 browser support and subtitles.
      Last edited by chrcol; 15-08-16 at 05:27 AM.

2. Advertisement
      coipu is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: EADER
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Hacked ECI Modem/pFsense
      Sky TV: Cord Cut
      Thanks

Re: now tv nothing but problems

I'll let you into a secret. There are no mature products for watching online TV, they all suck. IF someone actually comes up with a decent service our copper based network will die from the strain of the uptake. I'm sorry that doesn't help you, but seriously, don't waste your time.

chrcol is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Leics Central
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: 8800nl(bridge) + pfSense 2.4 N3150 unit + asus ac68 as WAP
      Sky TV: FreeSAT
      Thanks

Re: now tv nothing but problems

Netflix is a good service in my opinion. now tv is not in the same league, hence my review.

Also I do think now tv is better than sky movies subscription service tho, so its not all bad.

Sent an email to one of the execs at sky with my suggestions, hopefully they will improve it in future.