Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

Say hello to NOW TV Combo

This is a discussion on Say hello to NOW TV Combo within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by bubblegun Is this the new box that was announced a few months ago and at the time ...

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: Say hello to NOW TV Combo

Quote Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
      Is this the new box that was announced a few months ago and at the time was suggested would be a Freeview PVR with Now TV functionality, or is that yet another option which is to be launched later with probably a higher setup fee, or has it been abandoned altogether?

Also interesting that Sky used to sell Now TV as an option to save broadband and phone customers (will this continue?).

Not so long ago for a limited time they did have a starter bundle on sky.com which was Now TV with Sky phone and broadband on a 1 year contract - this was recently removed as an option so obviously that was a precursor to this launch.

Sounds nuts! You can have Sky TV with eg. Original pack for 20 per month. Then add Now TV Movies and broadband and Line Rental for 12.99 + Line Rental compared with a Sky customer having to pay 25.50 or 28 plus line rental for Movies and Unlimited broadband with Line Rental. Sky will be competing with themselves again. Totally idiotic!

One final thing.
      Given that internet providers are going to be forced to include Line Rental in their advertised prices, why launch this now with still this separate price points?
      I've revised my thoughts on this option.

Scubbie has posted a news item about it here -
      The best deal on Sky TV isn't available on a SkyHD box
      speedyrite likes this.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: Say hello to NOW TV Combo

Just had someone mention to me they have gone for the nowtv combo deal, not a sky customer at present.
      They said that support specifically drew to their attention that they must only use the supplied router, a sr102 with nowtv logos on it.

Just checked the T&C's and it says this, similar to sky broadband fibre, but perhaps a bit more direct;
      3.8 You must not use a modem or any other equipment that we have not supplied to you in order to access NOW TV Broadband.
      http://web.static.nowtv.com/images/d..._July_2016.pdf

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lettice For This Useful Post:

speedyrite (29-07-16)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12