Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

NOW catch even more great shows and movies on Apple TV

This is a discussion on NOW catch even more great shows and movies on Apple TV within the NOW TV forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; With NOW TVís Entertainment Month Pass and Sky Movies Month Pass, available from today (24th September 2014) From today, Apple ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,207 Times in 2,076 Posts

NOW catch even more great shows and movies on Apple TV

With NOW TVís Entertainment Month Pass and Sky Movies Month Pass, available from today (24th September 2014)

From today, Apple TV users in the UK will be able to enjoy all NOW TV has to offer, live and on demand, with the arrival of the NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass and Sky Movies Month Pass.

The NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass offers instant access to this autumnís must-see shows like Boardwalk Empire, and 13 of the best pay TV channels, available with no contract. The Sky Movies Month Pass brings the best Hollywood action straight into the living room, like box office blockbusters American Hustle and Gravity.

NOW TV is now the most comprehensive linear pay TV service on Apple TV with the addition of entertainment and movie channels. Sky Sports channels have been available since December.

Gidon Katz, Director of NOW TV, said:
      "Great news for Apple TV users today as we bring our range of NOW TV passes to the service. Thereís never been a better time to get stuck into gripping box sets like The Walking Dead or The West Wing, right from the very first episode, plus get unlimited access to hundreds of the latest award-winning movies like American Hustle Ė straight to your main TV screen.Ē

New shows currently streaming on the NOW TV Entertainment Month Pass (£4.99*) include the final series of Boardwalk Empire (Sky Atlantic), Legends (Sky 1) and The Leftovers (Sky Atlantic). Plus, instantly watch every season of some of the best box sets ever, including Lost, The West Wing, Mad Men and Hannibal.

With the Sky Movies Month Pass, movie fans can enjoy over 800 movies from big Hollywood blockbusters to cult classics and top independent films (£9.99 a month after a 30-day free trial). Customers get unlimited access to the latest films including Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues, Saving Mr Banks, Philomena and Turbo with Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit and Oldboy joining this week.

Sports fans can continue to keep up with the biggest matches and events with a Sky Sports Day Pass. Watch live action from all seven Sky Sports channels for just £6.99 for 24 hours, the pass gives you more of the games that matter from the Barclays Premier League and action from The Ryder Cup, Sky Bet Football League UEFA Champions League, European Qualifiers, La Liga and Eredivisie, as well as Formula 1ô.

The Sky Movies Month Pass, Entertainment Month Pass and Sky Sports Day Pass activate immediately upon purchase and are billed directly to customersí iTunes accounts. NOW TV is available on over 50 devices including the NOW TV Box, Apple TV, iPad and iPhone.

More information on NOW TV is available from nowtv.com, or join us on Twitter @NOWTV and @NOWTVSport and facebook.com/NOWTV.

2. Advertisement
      stereohaven is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Brookwood
      Broadband ISP: Plusnet Fibre
      Router: Asus RT-AC56U
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD 2TB Box
      Thanks

Re: NOW catch even more great shows and movies on Apple TV

NOW catch even more great shows and movies on Apple TV-nowtv.jpg

I have an Apple TV (3rd generation), and because I recently bought a Chromecast I got 3 months free subscription to NOW TV.

It expires shortly and I only had a look at it for the first time last night because I was wondering (in light of the price rise thread and the price drop of Apple TV to £59), whether or not for some it was a good value alternative to a "normal" subscription.

Now I'll be honest, I find the streaming (and download) quality of Sky Go a pile of pony, so I wasn't expecting much! However, I have to say, the picture quality on live TV and the box sets via Apple TV is excellent and is actually 720p, whereas on all other devices live TV is SD.

I have a fibre connection and everything loaded quickly. The content range is decent and everything that I would be interested in (Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Spongebob Squarepants...), is available at a monthly cost of £6.99.

Depending on what you watch, if the price rise is too much for normal Sky perhaps this coupled with Freesat could be a reasonable way to go? It's comparable in cost to Sky Store to rent movies from the iTunes store and you have the added bonus (if you can stand iTunes!), of streaming local content as well using Home Sharing. If you have a BT Sport login you can also AirPlay that to Apple TV and again the picture is very good. Oh and of course there is Netflix available as well. And Sky News!

However it's worth noting that a brand new Apple TV is expected in June which could have even more power and for the first time, apps.