Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

POP settings in Mail

This is a discussion on POP settings in Mail within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; I have been battling to switch to POP from the default IMAP settings with varying degrees of luck. I succeeded ...

AvelingH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01634
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: no Sky TV
      Thanks

POP settings in Mail

I have been battling to switch to POP from the default IMAP settings with varying degrees of luck.

I succeeded in setting up my default account this morning but when I tried to replicate the settings with another account Mail couldnt access the account. The screen capture with the Blue lines over it is the successful account while the Red is the unsuccessful one, and before someone points out that I am using a Google smtp setting, I know and it is deliberate. I just couldnt get anywhere with " smtp.tools.sky.com ".

Has anyone else had difficulty with POP settings? I like POP which is why I'm trying to set it up.

H
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails POP settings in Mail-sky-aveling-medway.jpg   POP settings in Mail-voiceover.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      AvelingH is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01634
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Sagemcom 2304n
      Sky TV: no Sky TV
      Thanks

Re: POP settings in Mail

I have set the outgoing port to 995 instead of 993 and for the moment the second account is working with POP.