Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Apple TV - Router config etc

This is a discussion on Apple TV - Router config etc within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; My powers seems to be weakening as I get older as I can't figure this one out - but it ...

wibble1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208672
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Apple TV - Router config etc

My powers seems to be weakening as I get older as I can't figure this one out - but it should be possible I think...

I want a wired connection for my new ATV as the wireless in my house is flakey. I have my Sky ADSL router plugged into telephone master socket. This then feeds my Time Capsule AEBS via one of those ethernet over power thingys. This works very well. The TC then provides the wireless network.

HOWEVER I now want to add the ATV and I want it with a wired connection rather than wireless. The easiest way of doing this is to plug it into the spare ethernet port on the router (as this is in the same room as the television I want to watch the ATV on).

My problem is that although the ATV can "see" the internet successfully with this config, it cannot see the mac mini with iTunes etc. It can see the mac mini via wireless I'm happy that it should work in principle...

I think I need to map ports (5353?) etc on either the router or the TC but my tinkering hasn't worked .

Any ideas gratefully received....

Thanks

J

2. Advertisement
      wibble1 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0208672
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Apple TV - Router config etc

Solved by a helpful soul over on the Apple Community forums. Just needed to switch off the connection sharing option on the Time Capsule Base station and let the Sky router give out the addresses. Simple really....