Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Sky+ Box

This is a discussion on Sky+ Box within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hello, New to this site. Received Sky+ box from my son, what do I have to do get it to ...

R&D
      R&D is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01253828209
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Question Sky+ Box

Hello, New to this site. Received Sky+ box from my son, what do I have to do get it to work on my basic sky package. We still have the Sky+ cable upstairs & single cable downstairs from when he stayed at home.

Thank you
      Richard

2. Advertisement
      dms05 is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: 0151
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ Box

You will need both cables running to the location of the Sky+ box. This will allow you to view one programme whilst recording another (or recording 2 programmes at the same time). If you stick with just one cable you will only be able to record one programme and not watch another live programme at the same time (however you will still be able to play back a programme you have previously recorded wether you have one or two cables).

Then you will need to call Sky and ask (a) for your Viewing Card to be paired with the Sky+ box (b) ask for the full Sky+ functionallity to be enabled BUT this will cost you about an extra 10/month for the full record/playback service.

Nigelh is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange: Hitchin
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: and Multiroom
      Thanks

Re: Sky+ Box

Sky + is free with any sky package, however if you intend to use it upstairs as a second box there will be a 10 multiroom charge. If you intend to replace your current box, then you need a second cable. A local arial installer should be able to install this for you. It is then, insert your viewing card and call Sky to pair it to your box.

To OP you may like to remove your full phone number from your details. An area code is all you need.
      Last edited by Nigelh; 05-05-09 at 03:02 PM. Reason: To protect OP's privacy