Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Espon PX700W wireless printing

This is a discussion on Espon PX700W wireless printing within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi guys, Registed on this site as it seems you guys know what your talking about I'm having a problem ...

Lopezjose7 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 8524
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Unhappy Espon PX700W wireless printing

Hi guys,

Registed on this site as it seems you guys know what your talking about

I'm having a problem here with my printer. I've spent all evening last night till 4am trying to sort it out and still no joy. I just can't seem to figure out what the hell is going, so hoping someone can help me out.

My printer worked fine, first time I had it, installed straight away through wireless after I connected it to my BT broadband. Since getting Sky, it just wont print!

First I thought it could be a problem with my Mac, so I wiped the dam thing and started again, still no joy! When running the install, it sees it and connects/installs it.

In install I have tried all 3 types of connection, through router, connect straight to laptop and I think pairing over the network, can't remember the last. They all see the printer and connect but when I got to print it spools for ages and then says the host did not accept the job.

I've even restored the printer back to factory settings so al previous settings are gone. Thing is my Vista laptop works fine still with it. Even more crazy, the Mac can still scan wirelessly, check ink levels, connect through url but no print!

I shared the printer, gone into the router (not sure the model of it but it's only 2 weeks old)

PLS PLS PLS can anyone help, this really is driving me nuts. I know I can use the Vista laptop for printing, but I have all my graphics and work stuff on my Mac, and can't be working on two laptops just to print.

Hope someone can help.
      Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Espon PX700W wireless printing-picture-1.jpg  

2. Advertisement
      Thanks

Re: Espon PX700W wireless printing

Just had a chat with Epson support - and they seem to think it is a firewall issue with the Mac - which is off, but sounds like it's something on the router - would anyone know if I can make an exception or anything to let it through and print?

Thanks

Had this from Sky about the issue :-
      Dear Mr Lopez,

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

It is likely that this issue is caused by the internet browser settings on your Mac. For further assistance with this you will need to speak with the printers manufacturer as they will know the required settings for your printer and your Mac.

For further assistance, you can visit our help centre on line at Sky.com - Sky Help Centre

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email. You can also contact our technical team on 08442 410 515, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.

Thanks

I've now got a HP Jetdirect 175x connected between the router and the printer but still... nothing! only thing I can get the printer to do is flash a few times when I set up the printer to use HP JET DIRECT - socket under IP set up - the printer says printing but stays like that for a while, then I receive an error message saying pipe or pipeline broken.

Please, someone help me!

huwdt is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Sky Mid
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Thanks

Hi, I have the same printer (Epson PX700) and am suffering exactly the same problems. Sky have been worse than useless, no suggestions at all - very frustrating. Epson tell me the security settings on the Netgear router need adjustment, when I called Netgear they told me they cannot support because the routers supplied to Sky are loaded with Sky firmware. I'm no tech expert, but I have not faced a problem like this for many years. I find it difficult to understand why Sky do not have the expertise to support if they are customising the routers.

Thanks

Hey Huwdt, your not the only one having this problem. what a mare! it's definatley something on the settings. what I don't understand is how scanning works over the network and the printer works fine via wireless on xp and vista! I don't mind using a usb cable, but that defeats the object of having a wireless printer.

Just don't know how to get this fixed :-(

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

Just clutching on straws a little whats the IP address of the printer, you may have changed this though. It needs to be different to the other devices on the network.

Thanks

Hey googlme, thanks for the advice, but I've tried changing the IP, or so I think I have, I will try this tomorrow just in case I didn't, thanks again

googleme is offline Sky User Beta tester
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

I tend to have all my equipment in static IP's across the board, everone being diffrent even if it's not part of another network. Just makes things easier when joining things up......(Eventually but thats another story)

Ned Ludd is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Haxby
      Broadband ISP: PlusNet
      Router: TP-Link WR2543ND
      Sky TV: FreeSat
      Thanks

The IP range for Sky routers is 192.168.0.n. The Gateway is 192.168.0.1
      Ensure that the printer IP fits that range!
      Geoff, York.
      Can't call me a Luddite now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast