Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Keep trying to upgrade!

This is a discussion on Keep trying to upgrade! within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; For about 6 weeks now, on and off, I've been trying to upgrade from Base to Mid. Following long waits ...

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Keep trying to upgrade!

For about 6 weeks now, on and off, I've been trying to upgrade from Base to Mid. Following long waits (up to 43 mins) for pages to fail, or load, I sometimes get a message announcing 'error we are sorry, we are temporarily unable to provide this service please call 084242 410553 etc etc'.

Other times 'riding the hurdles' to upgrade, I select 'Mid', and then the next page (which should confirm the selection), reveals nothing, and either selecting 'undo' or 'back' sends the whole system into a terminal spasm, where after a long wait on the trolley. it finally advises you 'this session has timed out, log out, log in, and have another go Joe, etc etc.

When I ring the number above, I never get through (they're always busy the message trills), or someone finally puts me out of my misery and hangs up!

Is it because we're Mac users and the Java or Cookies are not 'PC Perfect' (excuse me while I rinse my mouth out), that the website doesn't function? Or is it just Sky's continuing substandard interface with customers?

Anyone else having, or had this problem, or has maybe resolved it somehow. If so please do let me know the secret?

2. Advertisement
      newbuilder is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Keep trying to upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by skydance View Post

Anyone else having, or had this problem, or has maybe resolved it somehow. If so please do let me know the secret?

Phone Sky and ask for an upgrade.
      ------

Advice given is in good faith and if taken is done so at your own risk. If in doubt consult a qualified person.

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Re: Keep trying to upgrade!

Please see paragraph 3