Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Upstream Speed

This is a discussion on Upstream Speed within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Black Netgear stats for my heading, show 192 kbps with a noise margin at 3db, which seems very very low, ...

skydance is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01255
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router: F@ST2504n
      Sky TV: Sky+ box
      Thanks

Question Upstream Speed

Black Netgear stats for my heading, show 192 kbps with a noise margin at 3db, which seems very very low, compared to my previous IPS stats of 448 and 15db snr.

Conversely downspeed (capped at 2048) has a massive 23db snr, where previously a max of 12db was unusual and normally 9db was common.

OK, I'm on the cheap as chips freebie service ... but is 3db, Sky's benchmark downstream snr?

I've had the misfortune to communicate twice with Support. The initial response on both occasions, really was a pretty poor show, but once the giddy heights of T3 were traversed things improved immeasurably. I think avoiding the facility, and preserving reason in the process, if at all possible will be my route - so I wondered if anyone else had knowledge of upstream stats?

2. Advertisement
      Saturday is offline Sky User Super Mod
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Upstream Speed

Closed in favour of this duplicate