Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Error Joining Airport Network after a power cut!

This is a discussion on Error Joining Airport Network after a power cut! within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi there After a power cut in the South London area on Monday I have been unable to get my ...

greggymagic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: hayes
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Error Joining Airport Network after a power cut!

Hi there

After a power cut in the South London area on Monday I have been unable to get my IMAC Intel duo to join wirelessly to the Sky Broadband Netgear router.

Sometimes the router doesn't show up in my list of available networks so I have to turn Airport on and off then when the netgear router does show up I type the WPA password in exactly and get the message "error joining the network(the name of my router) with the options of try again or OK.

I have tried powering off everything, disconnecting router from phone line, disconnecting everything else going to phone line, switching router off then Imac, Switching Imac off then router etc but I still cant connect wirelessly from Imac to netgear.

Does anyone have any ideas pleeeaaaaseeee

Cheers

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Error Joining Airport Network after a power cut!

See Sky CD help files or FAQ on this site for how to address router user interface via browser. Once in router check that wireless isolation is not ticked, then try turning off encryption in the router temporarily.

If it looks like the Sky router has been reset to defaults by power cut, restore any changes you made to channel, SSID etc previously.

There can be issues between Mac and (primarily) PC oriented networking products -- in my experiences mainly down to different terminology employed by Apple.

greggymagic is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: hayes
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Error Joining Airport Network after a power cut!

Cheers Fihart but solved it.

Just connected ethernet from netgear to mac and rebooted the router and is now working very well indeed.....fingers crossed.

Other than that I have had 14 months of hassle free wireless internet

Thanks for your reply though