Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

iMac & DG934G - Wireless Problems

This is a discussion on iMac & DG934G - Wireless Problems within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi, I'm new to sky & these forums and am having some problems getting my imac to connect to the ...

DNC
      DNC is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ossett
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

iMac & DG934G - Wireless Problems

Hi,

I'm new to sky & these forums and am having some problems getting my imac to connect to the new sky router via wireless, wondered if anyone else had got it working and if there was something obvious I was missing, or if others are having similar problems?

My setup/problems/what works:

Sky Connect with Netgear DG934G-1SKUKS Router still with all default settings (arrived yesterday)

iMac with OSX 10.5.1 Leopard - has only connected twice via wireless using inbuilt Airport Adapter - both after many many unsuccesful attempts to establish a connection - last night it appeared to magically connect on its own after I did nothing, second time was today when I was talking through the problem with Sky support!

iMac booted into Windows XP Pro via Boot Camp: Wireless connection via inbuilt Airport adapter - doesn't get past the "Acquiring a network address" stage.

iMac booted into Windows XP Pro via Boot Camp, Airport disabled, Linksys USB adapter (WUSB54GS) - connects fine.

Gateway Laptop - Vista Home Premium - connects via inbuilt wireless fine.
      Medion Laptop - Windows XP Home - connects via inbuilt wireless fine.
      Nintendo Wii - Connects via inbuilt wireless fine.

I don't think the router is at fault, I don't think the iMac is at fault as it worked flawlessly with my old ISP and my old Linksys router. I think there is either some incompatability between the wireless card in the mac and the router (but if so wouldn't it never work rather than work twice in the past 24 hours?!) or I have got some settings left over from my old ISP/router that are causing problems.

Mac OS X is my OS of choice and where I normally do all my browsing, banking, e-mail, itunes, etc., etc. so it is a right pain not having the network working properly (especially when everything else has always worked fine first time).

Anyone got any ideas before I drive myself mad.

Cheers,

David.

2. Advertisement
      newtonuk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYLOF
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: iMac & DG934G - Wireless Problems

I assume you have updated your WPA key in your network settings?

PaulSky is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: iMac & DG934G - Wireless Problems

Also make sure you have typed in the network key in capitals, most keys that are sent out are all letters and no numbers.