Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

NO LUck Apple

This is a discussion on NO LUck Apple within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi... Please Help! I recently got an Apple OSX, and set it up in the room upstairs, I searched for ...

desliefaith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

NO LUck Apple

Hi...
      Please Help!
      I recently got an Apple OSX, and set it up in the room upstairs, I searched for a wireless connection and found my sky connection from my Netgear DG834GT 108 Mbps, the one I got from Sky.
      I put in the password and the Airport sofware says your internet connection appears to be working properly.
      In the TOOL Bar at the top of the front page a full strength signal is apparent, but as soon as I load a page from the internet nothing happens..."this web page cannot be displayed"...etc
      I really have no idea what to do! I've been searching the forums, but cant seem to find anything that helps....
      The people at Sky couldnt help, they appear to be ANTI Apple.
      Any advice would be much appreciated!!!
      Thanks

2. Advertisement
      HarryBosch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidsgrove
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: NO LUck Apple

Hello

Have you tried the network diagnostics tool, should be just below ''This page cannot be displayed'' message, this may give you some idea where the problem is

desliefaith is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Thanks anyway...
      I tried the network diagnostics tool a few times over the past few days, but no luck...
      Just got it working now, not sure which part of the chain of actions fixed it, but its working now.....yay!!
      Thanks
      D

HarryBosch is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Kidsgrove
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Ok , no probs ,incidentally,when i first signed up with Sky BB i was having regular problems connecting to the net,couldn't connect, connection kept dropping out etc,but it now seems to have settled down and rarely if ever do i have any problems.BTW, have you seen the new Imac's

fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Have you tried the wireless with the computer and router in the same room ? In my limited experience the Mac's wireless isn't all that sensitive (compared to a Netgear cardbus adapter).

Possibly the problem is encryption -- try connecting the Mac to the router using the yellow cable which came in the box -- this will bypass encryption and allow you to disable it until you get a reliable wireless connection.