Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Airport Extreme and Sky

This is a discussion on Airport Extreme and Sky within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi I am trying to get my Airport Extreme Router to function with Sky's product. The problem I am having ...

dustbuddy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Airport Extreme and Sky

Hi

I am trying to get my Airport Extreme Router to function with Sky's product. The problem I am having is that Airport Extreme is telling me that I have a "double nat" error. This is because both Sky's router and the Airport Extreme router are conflicting over Nat (I think). What I need to do is to bridge one of the connections. One option would be to do this on the Airport Extreme router but I am reluctant to do so as this would reduce its functionality. Does anyone know if it is possible to bridge the Sky Router and if so how?

Many thanks

2. Advertisement
      ukdy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Solihull
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Airport Extreme and Sky

no need to mess around with bridging the connections. just plug an ethernet cable from the back of the netgear into the wan port on the airport. if you get any problems change the ip range of the airport to match that of the netgear although i don't think you'll need to do that.

your best bet for support however is http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=1015

Keiran2K8 is offline Skyuser Serial Spammer
      Exchange: Redditch
      Broadband ISP: Max & VM VIP-85 & Be* Pro
      Router: Sagem F@ST 2504
      Sky TV:
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Who said Apples were perfect :P!

primadonie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, I just posted a similar problem; I want to connect via my Airport Extreme Base to the router (so that I can also use my ethernet printer on the Airport Extreme). So far I have been unable to do this. Did you find a solution? Any advice would be appreciated.

All the best

Willem

Here's a fuller description: I recently switched to Sky, and in no time my Mac was connected to the internet. However, my printer is no longer recognised on my little wireless network, which has only seen one change: the netgear router replaced by Sky's (seemingly identical but wireless) router.

I have a MacPro which connected via the Airport Extreme Base station to the router. On the Airport Extreme Base station I have a HP laserjet 2100.
      Another mac in our home, an iMac, also connected wirelessly to the Airport Extreme Base Station:

Macs > Airport Extreme > router
      Macs > Airport Extreme > printer

If I connect to the Sky network, however, I cannot print.
      If I connect to the Airport Extreme network, I cannot access the internet.

Alas, if I connect the ethernet printer to the Sky router, the HP is not visible on the AppleTalk zone.

primadonie is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, I just posted a similar problem here Airport + printer, Sky router ; I want to connect via my Airport Extreme Base to the router (so that I can also use my ethernet printer on the Airport Extreme). So far I have been unable to do this. Did you find a solution? Any advice would be appreciated.