Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Problems accessing Sky broadband home page & Router settings

This is a discussion on Problems accessing Sky broadband home page & Router settings within the Mac users forums, part of the Sky Broadband help category; Hi all, Been on Sky BB for a couple of months now. All in all, I'm a little dissatisfied with ...

DeadlyD is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere in Bristol....
      Broadband ISP: Max
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Cool Problems accessing Sky broadband home page & Router settings

Hi all,

Been on Sky BB for a couple of months now. All in all, I'm a little dissatisfied with the overall package, mainly because of the drop-outs in connection that KEEP ON HAPPENING. That lady at Pipex who chuckled "you'll be back" as I cancelled my contract with them wasn't far wrong.

The other two things that are bugging me a little:

1. I can't log into my profile on the Sky Broadband home page. It tries for a few seconds to log in and then comes up with this message:

"Too many redirects occurred trying to open “https://bband.sky.com/portal/site/sk...ts%3DUserInit”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page."

Anyone have any idea what this even means and what I'm doing wrong?

2. How does one access the router settings from a Mac? I have absolutely no idea. On my last router, i used to type an IP address into Safari and this gave me access to the router. But I can't find any way to do it now, which I'm guessing means it's something really really simple....hopefully.

Thanks for any help folks...

2. Advertisement
      fihart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0207
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Re: Problems accessing Sky broadband home page & Router settings

Open Safari (or the internet browser you use) and at the address bar type 192.168.0.1 A login box should appear. Username is admin. Password is sky.

Once at the Sky/Netgear router interface you might as well turn off UPnP because it causes disconnect problems. Once you've done the other stuff you want to do, log out and turn off the router for a minute, then on again. I would also restart your browser or computer.

I've given up on the Sky portal -- when I did get in (I think via sky.com) it demanded a lot of details before it would register one. Anyway why would you want to use their e-mail? You'll only have to change if you change ISP again.

DeadlyD is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Somewhere in Bristol....
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Hi, Thanks a bunch for that. It worked. Switched uPnP off. However, I still get the problem with the service dropping off if I haven't used it for a few hours. I end up having to reset the router all the time and waiting a moment or two for the bb to come back down the line again...which is a bit of a pain to be honest. It can't be a problem with my line. Not once (and I mean not once!) did I have this problem with Pipex. Is there anything I can do or is this just Sky "switching off" my service when I haven't used it for a while?

biscuit is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Ripponden (fairly large Yorkshire village)
      Broadband ISP: Connect
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I had problems with the connection dropping, then I disconnected the obsolete wires 3 and 4 from phone extensions - see DSL ZoneUK - Improve your speed - Extension wiring and Disconnection help - and I'm syncing at much higher with no dropouts.

One of my Mac's was making the web interface on the router go down when it connected to the network. I found out that was because it had 'interference robustness' set on it's wireless settings..don't use that as it's incompatible with the Netgear.

LinkBacks (?)