Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By seawright

Moving but can't take broadband

This is a discussion on Moving but can't take broadband within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, can anyone please help. I have sky tv, and phonline and broadband. I'm moving to Winchester but sky home ...

Gavinskirth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Moving but can't take broadband

Hi, can anyone please help. I have sky tv, and phonline and broadband. I'm moving to Winchester but sky home moving team say I can't take my phone or broadband, however as my tv is contracted until 2020 so I have to keep it, can someone tell me that as its there fault I can't keep there bb and phone surely they should let me finish my tv contract without penalty and switch to virgin when I move.
      Thanks

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Moving but can't take broadband

What services could Sky provide at your new address if you were a new Sky customer?
      Do you want to switch to Virgin or is it just the home moving teams inability to transfer all your services that has given you the idea?
      Check what deals are available at Virgin. Sometimes it is the same price (or even cheaper) to take Virgin player TV, phone and broadband as a package when compared to just phone and broadband. If that is the case you could take the package but not use the TV service and continue to use Sky TV until your contract ends. Then cancel Sky TV and upgrade your Virgin TV subscription. Be aware though that Virgin do not offer Sky Atlantic channels.
      Gavinskirth likes this.

Gavinskirth is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

To be fair its more about the moving teams inability. I've checked as a new customer and they offered me fast bb speeds? Trouble is after checking virgin deals they offer way better bb speeds plus there full tv pack (inc sports and cinema) and 2 boxes for about 12 more than I'm paying now, free set up inclusive.I admit sky offered me to go onto q free of charge but not including sports or cinema.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I doubt that you will get Sky to waive the penalty. See my original reply regarding Virgin's player TV package which I think is called the Big Bundle. With Virgin there is a cooling off period (I believe it is a month but best to check) so if you are not happy with them you could transfer your phone and broadband back to Sky and keep the telephone number that Virgin gives you. I take it that the move is too far for you to keep the telephone number you have now.