Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Like Tree1Likes
    • 1 Post By James_Mitchell

Options following price increase announcement

This is a discussion on Options following price increase announcement within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I have been with sky for many years & feel have been taken for granted. Final straw was e mail ...

robsundy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01782
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Options following price increase announcement

I have been with sky for many years & feel have been taken for granted. Final straw was e mail from sky saying prices going up on 1 april. Currently have sky+ variety tv (32) anytime talk & unlimited broadband with total cost already over 70 before increase.I have thought of cancelling variety tv, does this mean i can watch tv channels on freeview & can i save/playback tv via box. Am total useless when it come to technology so any advice welcome. Any ideas on my options would be most welcome but would like to keep skybroadband. Also am not in a virgin wired area

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: Options following price increase announcement

Quote Originally Posted by robsundy View Post
      I have been with sky for many years & feel have been taken for granted. Final straw was e mail from sky saying prices going up on 1 april. Currently have sky+ variety tv (32) anytime talk & unlimited broadband with total cost already over 70 before increase.I have thought of cancelling variety tv, does this mean i can watch tv channels on freeview & can i save/playback tv via box. Am total useless when it come to technology so any advice welcome. Any ideas on my options would be most welcome but would like to keep skybroadband. Also am not in a virgin wired area
      You are paying full price and more form what I can see. But the anytime calls package can be the expensive part, if you need that.
      Why not call sky, ask for retentions at the voice point and ask fr a better discounted deal.
      Any reason you have Variety? Are you hanging on to it for the F1 channel?
      There are better entertainment packages that were recently announced that will be lower cost and offer discounts for you.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lettice For This Useful Post:

robsundy (13-03-18)

robsundy is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 01782
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Lettice. Thanks for your reply.
      I am reasonably ok with what i am paying for broadband & phone but concerned by hike in variety tv bundle from 32 to 33.50 next month.. May sound a daft question but if i cancelled sky tv but kept sky broadband & phone would i still access freeview chanells through my sky+ box & dish ?. Seems like 2 options are to cancel sky tv if above possible or downgrade to lower costing entertainment pack. Number of people say to ring retention & cancel sky tv as they will return with offer during 1 month notice period. Any thoughts

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

If you are happy to cancel Sky then go ahead and do so but ensure that yours marketing preferences allow Sky to contact you by as many methods as you feel comfortable with. When you call to cancel you will be offered a price reduction on your current package to re-contract. If you are happy with that then fine but there will be better offers. If you use the interactive button to access your account during the notice period you will probably be presented with an offer message.

Without a Sky TV subscription your Sky box will still allow you to view free channels though you won't be able to record.

James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: LCEAR
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

I also have Anytime calls along with Sky Fibre Max here too which I was paying 45ish for (the fibre Max was already discounted). I spoke to Sky retentions last week to see if they could/would match EE's current 'Fibre Max' 40 package which includes anytime calls and International calls as well as their fastest fibre. The nearest Sky could get was 41, which is a few quid less than I pay now so I went for that.
      seawright likes this.