Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

High cost of contract

This is a discussion on High cost of contract within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi all, I currently pay over 80 a month for SKY+, variety + HDPack, line rental + fibre unlimited which ...

jjohnson1980 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rownhams, Southampton, Hampshire
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

High cost of contract

Hi all,
      I currently pay over 80 a month for SKY+, variety + HDPack, line rental + fibre unlimited which tbh is ridiculous. I've been out of contract for some time and would like to know what my options are. I spoke to one of the shopping centre stall salesmen who said that Sky expect people to phone when they're out of contract to negotiate new deals. I was working out that just by moving broadband & line rental to elsewhere I would be saving a minimum of 18 a month. If I phone sky to ask for their best deals as an existing customer are they just going to laugh at me as I'm already a customer? I would like to get skyq and unlimited fiber but dont want to be paying anywhere near why I am now. Advice would be welcomed!
      Thanks

2. Advertisement
      James_Mitchell is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Max
      Router: Sky Q Hub
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: High cost of contract

No not at all. If you ring Sky armed with that info you have already collected about saving ~18 from other providers, they will likely match or better that offer.

Sky retentions will only 'laugh at you' if you just ring up and kick off saying you are paying too much especially if you have no evidence of that claim. The retention's department know exactly what price other providers charge and if they can see you will likely get a better deal elsewhere, they will usually try and keep you.

Mention the name of the other provider when you ring as well as have the other providers info in front of you on screen or printed out.

As long as you do your homework and gather prices before ringing, they are usually willing to offer you a deal. That often applies to other companies retentions department as well such as mobile phone providers etc.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to James_Mitchell For This Useful Post:

jjohnson1980 (15-03-18)

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Just call sky, at prompt ask for retentions.
      They are plenty of deals to be had and you are paying above full cost from what I worked out there.

No need to do any research, just say you have called BT and Virgin and they can offer some better deals.

Are they currently no deals for you in your mysky, there should be offers in there.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lettice For This Useful Post:

jjohnson1980 (15-03-18)

jjohnson1980 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Rownhams, Southampton, Hampshire
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max/Unlimited
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+
      Thanks

Managed to get skyq with all we have at the moment for about the same price. Just need to call retentions now to get the bb cost down. Thanks for your replies

scobo is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Cowdenbeath
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jjohnson1980 View Post
      Managed to get skyq with all we have at the moment for about the same price. Just need to call retentions now to get the bb cost down. Thanks for your replies
      I got our fibre BB cost cut in half last year online. There was a button "thinking of switching ?" or something like that.

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk