Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Bill reminder

This is a discussion on Bill reminder within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Sky obviously don't like people complaining - as there is no complaints address published on their website. You can only ...

surreyuser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Bill reminder

Sky obviously don't like people complaining - as there is no complaints address published on their website. You can only ring them up, or contact them via Facebook - and those staff are utterly useless.

As part of the Direct Debit guarantee, companies are required to advise their customers in advance of a direct debit, particularly where it is a variable amount. Not doing this places them in breach of the direct debit guarantee. So how can I get Sky to tell me I have a new bill available to view?

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Bill reminder

Check Sky's website:
      https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ho...e-a-complaint/
      It clearly states, write to:

Customer Complaints
      Sky Subscribers Services Ltd
      PO Box 43
      Livingston
      West Lothian
      EH54 7DD

As to whether Sky should inform subscribers that a new bill is available to view is a moot point. They don't, unless Sky mobile have this facility. The "welcome to Sky letter" sent to new joiners does explain Sky's billing system and I assume that this is sufficient to comply with the Direct Debit Guarantee otherwise the banks would have withdrawn Sky's authorisation to use direct debits.

surreyuser is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Base
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

Well, that information isn't exactly easy to find on their website. I also cannot understand why it is so difficult for them to email people to tell them they've got a new bill. I'm sure they'd find it easy enough to contact someone if they haven't paid.

reddwarfcrew is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by surreyuser View Post
      Well, that information isn't exactly easy to find on their website.
      I put 'sky complaint address' into google, first result gives all the complain info. https://www.sky.com/help/articles/ho...ke-a-complaint

or

go to https://www.sky.com/ and scroll to the bottom and there is a link to exactly the same page.

or from the sky.com home page put the word 'Complaints' into their own search bar and guess what... you get the first answer being a link to the same complaints page.

Koala5 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Dunstable
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router: Netgear V1 DG834GT
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I don't get an email off my electricity/gas company every month when my direct debit comes out, or my local council, the only time they contact me is if the cost of the service changes. I assume you Sky payment comes out on the same day every month? Can't you just put a reminder in your diary to check the online bill?

Wingco is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Max
      Router: Netgear V2 DG934G
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks

My bill has increased by around 20. No notification from Sky, just taken from my account. They are supposed to inform the customer of increases. What happened to the annual increase letter!

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Wingco View Post
      My bill has increased by around 20. No notification from Sky, just taken from my account. They are supposed to inform the customer of increases. What happened to the annual increase letter!
      You can view your bill on your box (through My Sky or My Account - depending on your box), on Manage (formerly MySky) on sky.com and on the My Sky App.

You can even look at the projected bill 3 months ahead - for example I can see what my next 3 bills will be (aside from calls or PPV) on my sky box just now.

You were advised of this when you joined. Sky can't make you check it but they do make it very easy.

What exactly is your complaint about this?

Any advisor can register a complaint if you call Sky, but a complaint that you didn't check your bills using any of these methods is unlikely to go anywhere, unless I'm missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      As to whether Sky should inform subscribers that a new bill is available to view is a moot point. They don't, unless Sky mobile have this facility.
      As a matter of fact Sky do text the mobile number of Sky mobile customers to tell them when their mobile bill is available to view, 3 days before it's taken, the minimum they are required to do.

Virginmedia only give 8 days notice of the amount (or they used to.)

Puts the 14 days that Sky TV provide in a better light I would feel.
      [Sky TV used to send text bill reminders of bills but they stopped this nearly a year ago, not sure why, possibly some sort of data protection issue where non-customers were getting texts about the bills? - it's a guess!]
      Last edited by bubblegun; 25-10-17 at 01:27 AM.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky