Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

50% off Sky Q Deal for past customers?

This is a discussion on 50% off Sky Q Deal for past customers? within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, this is my first post ... well done on a superb forum. I'd like to ask if Sky ever ...

Redtop is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Other
      Thanks

50% off Sky Q Deal for past customers?

Hi, this is my first post ... well done on a superb forum.

I'd like to ask if Sky ever offer 'New customer' only deals to past customers?
      I ask because we left Sky about 9 months ago and would be interested in taking the current 50% Sky Q offer which looks excellent value, but it only seems available for new customers and not those who have left.

To cut a long story short, I phoned Sky today to see if there were any offers for returning customers who want Sky Q and they told me there wasn't, but would knock about 4 a month off for me (I was previously with them for 18 years). When I mentioned the 50% deal for new customers they said they don't know of such an offer, the sales lady even claimed to search the Sky website and couldn't find it which is really strange as its all over their website, and Google searches.

Anyway, what I'd like to know, are there any members who have returned to Sky by successfully taking a new member offer like this? I'm not desperate to return, but getting sky for Christmas would be nice, and thought it could be worth phoning back in the hope of speaking to someone who knows what offers are available.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Re: 50% off Sky Q Deal for past customers?

If you are not a sky customer today, you are a new customer. Being a returning customer after leaving sky, should get you the new customer deals.
      If you can still login to your old account, you will also see returning deals listed to rejoin sky in your Mysky. the longer time you have left the better they get.

There are no deals on Sky Q (except new customers get a reduced initial install/setup fee), but any 50% type deal will be off the original variety and family bundles, sports and cinema. Also will be deals on broadband and talk.

If you can wait you may want to view the Black Friday offers from Sky from Monday November 21st;
      http://www.sky.com/shop/offers/blackfriday/customer/
      Last edited by lettice; 05-11-16 at 09:33 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lettice For This Useful Post:

Redtop (05-11-16)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Thanks for your help Lettice, much appreciated.
      When I go to MySky > Offers & Upgrades it just says unable to proceed and to phone them for more info which is why I initially called them.

Heres the offer for 50% off Sky Q Variety pack and others for 12 months which includes the 1TB box and one off cost of 15 ... 50% off Sky TV for 12 months for Virgin Media customers when joining online

50% off Sky Q Deal for past customers?-02.jpg
      50% off Sky Q Deal for past customers?-04.jpg

If I try to create the order online, after checking out and entering my details it just says I already have an account and to phone.

Exchange:
      Thanks

It appears Sky could be just targeting Virgin Media broadband customers like me through Google ads, thats why no one else other than VM customers can see the ad in Google when you search 'Sky' ... very crafty marketing!

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I always thought to be classed as a 'new' customer by Sky you must 1, never had a Sky account or 2, Had an account but have not subscribed for over 12 months. I could be wrong of course.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Isitme For This Useful Post:

Redtop (06-11-16)

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redtop View Post
      When I go to MySky > Offers & Upgrades it just says unable to proceed and to phone them for more info which is why I initially called them.
      What do you get if you go to MySky > Left SKY TV in the last 12 months?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

Redtop (06-11-16)

Exchange:
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Isitme View Post
      I always thought to be classed as a 'new' customer by Sky you must 1, never had a Sky account or 2, Had an account but have not subscribed for over 12 months. I could be wrong of course.
      Yes this seems correct that its 12 months, looking what others have posted around the net. Looks like I will need to wait until after the new year and see whats on offer then.

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      What do you get if you go to MySky > Left SKY TV in the last 12 months?
      No offers shown, it says to phone them on that page also.

ithompson72 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Chichester
      Broadband ISP: Mid
      Router:
      Sky TV:
      Thanks

I have just been on the phone to sky. Left them in January and wanted Sky Q. The offer I got was the Box Set Bundle at an 18 per month discount (pretty much 50% discount on the TV package and if I want to later add cinema or sports I would get 50% off them as well) plus multiscreen with a 2TB sky Q and the Sky Q mini with 100 installation charge. I refused a few deals before I got to this point including they were saying they couldn't do the Sky Q at the same time as me rejoining and that I would have to ring for the upgrade in a month or so but they did agree after I refused that option. It's a 12 month contract and install of Q will be in January.