Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

What are the current discounts being offered for existing customers?

This is a discussion on What are the current discounts being offered for existing customers? within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I cancelled and was switched off in March!, best offer i was given was 35% off, which i refused, as ...

markm9 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0191
      Broadband ISP: SKY fibre max
      Router: Sky Q hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky Q Silver
      Thanks

Re: What are the current discounts being offered for existing customers?

I cancelled and was switched off in March!, best offer i was given was 35% off, which i refused, as existing deal i was on they would/ could not match, anyway im due to move house in a couple of weeks, and would like some information, been with SKY until switch off for over 20 years always been in wife's name, would it be possible for me to have sky installed in my name, hence getting new customer offer's which seem to be better than offer i was given, or do i have to wait a while as i have just cancelled!!
      [URL=http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4411733501]

2. Advertisement
      Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

Many users use this trick to get new customer offers, some without even changing their address.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.

seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markm9 View Post
      I cancelled and was switched off in March!, best offer i was given was 35% off, which i refused, as existing deal i was on they would/ could not match, anyway im due to move house in a couple of weeks, and would like some information, been with SKY until switch off for over 20 years always been in wife's name, would it be possible for me to have sky installed in my name, hence getting new customer offer's which seem to be better than offer i was given, or do i have to wait a while as i have just cancelled!!
      Unless you can get 50% off for 12 months or an equally attractive new customer offer sign into "My Sky" first and check if there are any attractive offers. If not try the following link:

https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comebac...offer=discount

It will only offer you 50% off if the offer is available to you.
      If you have cancelled your direct debit you won't be able to re-contract online but should be invited to call Sky or use Live Chat to confirm your details.

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

There's a staff offer to get SkyQ for existing customers which ends on Thursday 30th June. PM me if interested. You need to get Sky Q Silver with viewing in 2 rooms for it to be worthwhile. If you have 2 rooms with sports and movies then it won't save you anything monthly but will save a lot of setup fees.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Thanks

There is also another offer ending on the 30th June for TV viewers who left Sky within the last 12 months. Login to My Sky and go to:
      The offer is 60% off any Sky TV Bundle for twelve months with a 25 credit to your Sky account.
      You will not be able to accept this offer online if the Direct Debit used to pay Sky has been cancelled.

speedyrite is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYHGT
      Broadband ISP: NOW Broadband
      Router: NOW TV Hub Two
      Sky TV: NOW TV
      Thanks
      Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seawright View Post
      There is also another offer ending on the 30th June for TV viewers who left Sky within the last 12 months. Login to My Sky and go to:
      The offer is 60% off any Sky TV Bundle for twelve months with a 25 credit to your Sky account.
      You will not be able to accept this offer online if the Direct Debit used to pay Sky has been cancelled.
      Interesting. Left Sky TV over 6 months ago. But clicking on that link (when logged in to My Sky) it takes me to
      https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/ineligible
      which states "Sorry, we can't process your order online" and an invitation to use Live Chat or phone them.

Similarly, when checking My Sky for any offers, I always land on a page saying "Unable to proceed" with the advice "Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call..."

I'm curious to know what offers might be available to me, particularly if there's something non-TV - but not sufficiently interested to have to phone up, so (as a Sky shareholder) I consider that as a bit of a communications fail on Sky's part. I can review my package, look at bills etc. but I only have Talk & Broadband now. I suppose something has borked my account somewhere along the line which is causing this.
      ++ speedyrite ... powered by NOW Broadband from June 2018 ++
      (previously powered by Sky Broadband from July 2007)

Thanks

It maybe because you still have Sky Talk and broadband so technically you haven't left Sky. I don't know if the offer would be available to a "win back" agent if you phoned Sky sales.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to seawright For This Useful Post:

speedyrite (25-06-16)

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by speedyrite View Post
      Interesting. Left Sky TV over 6 months ago. But clicking on that link (when logged in to My Sky) it takes me to
      https://secure.sky.com/mysky-comeback/ineligible
      which states "Sorry, we can't process your order online" and an invitation to use Live Chat or phone them.

Similarly, when checking My Sky for any offers, I always land on a page saying "Unable to proceed" with the advice "Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call..."

I'm curious to know what offers might be available to me, particularly if there's something non-TV - but not sufficiently interested to have to phone up, so (as a Sky shareholder) I consider that as a bit of a communications fail on Sky's part. I can review my package, look at bills etc. but I only have Talk & Broadband now. I suppose something has borked my account somewhere along the line which is causing this.
      On my advice my dad took the Sky+ bundle with telephone and broadband offer when he cancelled his Sky, as this was a great deal and he mainly recorded free stuff.

He got an offer for 60% off for 12m with a 50 credit in the post about 3 weeks ago.

He's not taking it though as since he retired he spends most of the summer months (April to October) in Portugal (holiday home).

He might get Sky again if they offer a deal later in the year around the end of Q1.
      Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of Sky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12