Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Difference between Variety & Family Bundles .. I am about to join Sky

This is a discussion on Difference between Variety & Family Bundles .. I am about to join Sky within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; I am about to join Sky, having been with Virgin for several years. I'll be wanting broadband as well as ...

wbmkk is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: D-Link DSL-2640S
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Difference between Variety & Family Bundles .. I am about to join Sky

I am about to join Sky, having been with Virgin for several years. I'll be wanting broadband as well as the TV package. I suppose I'll need a phone line too, although I don't often use the house phone.

I see on the cashback sites (Quidco etc) that there are some good deals for new customers.

I am a bit puzzled though. I realise the Original bundle is the basic package, as regards the TV, but how do the Variety and Family bundles compare ? I can not seem to find (in an easy to read list) which channels are different. Are there actual extra channels, or is it just a case of HD versions of the same channels.

Also

Can I keep my existing house phone number if I change from Virgin ... after all I've had the same number for many many years.

Final question ... Is goin through a cashback site the best way to get a good deal ?

My daughter has Sky and she seems to have millions of channels, compared to my Virgin package, which is actually their biggest package, except the specific Sky channels (sports / movies)

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Difference between Variety & Family Bundles .. I am about to join Sky

Hi wbmkk and welcome to the forum.
      No extra channels just HD versions of the channels that are included in the variety pack though the Family pack also allows you to download box sets at no extra cost.

Yes you can transfer your phone number from Virgin provided that it is still active.

As to whether Cash back sites give the best deal, check out the following link:

Get 33 percent off Sky TV for 12 months plus a 50 reward of your choice

I'll leave you to do the maths. There is a compulsory 10 setup fee. You should also be able to get 1/2 price Sky Unlimited broadband with full priced line rental.
      Last edited by seawright; 22-11-15 at 02:14 AM.