Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

* Sky Package Questions - New Customer

This is a discussion on * Sky Package Questions - New Customer within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi Late last night we purchased the Complete Package and added Sky Fibre and SkyTalk. The package comes with a ...

BHeart is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre 25
      Router: Not knowm yet
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

* Sky Package Questions - New Customer

Hi

Late last night we purchased the Complete Package and added Sky Fibre and SkyTalk. The package comes with a 500 GB (we were told it was 1 TB) Sky + HD box and I wanted to buy the 2 TB box but we would have to pay a one off 149 so we stayed with he 500 GB box.

Then, just a few hours later, we found that the 2TB box was being given away FREE with every package and I think that this is unfair.

My main concerns are two fold; first of all, we were going to go for the 2 TB box but because of the 149 'one off' cost, we stuck with the chosen HD box which is only 500GB. And then, just a few hours after placing our order, we find that Sky has included the 'newer' 2 TB HD box as FREE with every package. I don't know how you feel about that, but we are not pleased and would have been even more annoyed if we had paid 149 to get the 2 TB HD box just a few hours before they gave it away FREE.

I've also been informed that the "500 GB" HD box only has 250 GB of usable space"? Why only 250 GB when it's a 500 GB box?

I contacted Sky via the 'Chat Box' and explained our concerns about the Sky + HD box and the agent came back with, "so, what do you want me to do about it"? I'm not impressed by this initial customer service.

Secondly, our Sky TV is being installed next Tuesday and we would like to know if there are any problems with the 500GB HD box? The last thing we want is to be calling Sky with a dodgy 500GB HD Box. which might need changing for noter dodgy 500GB box. There must be some reason why Sky are now giving it away free?

Thirdly, we have moved from Virgin Media and there fibre optic BB which does not need a telephone; does Sky Fibre need to use the telephone line or is it like Virgin Media which does not?

2. Advertisement
      aciidsn3ak3r is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: MYCSG
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: Asus RT-AC66U
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: * Sky Package Questions - New Customer

If this is the case then cancel your deal through the phone. They'll be like why do you want to go blah blah. Just tell them.
      They want your custom, so will bend over backwards. Hopefully they'll give you a 2tb box.

If not, just cancel and sign up again.

The 500gb box is split between recordable space and on-demand space. Just how it is.

I don't have any problems with the 500gb box. I have the latest rev too!

Any supplier other than Virgin will need a telephone line regardless of if it's fibre optic.
      It's only fibre optic up to your street cabinet. Then it uses the phone line cables.
      Similar to Virgin, its fibre to the cabinet and then coax copper to the house.

gymno Guest
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP:
      Router:
      Sky TV:

Re: * Sky Package Questions - New Customer

Quote Originally Posted by aciidsn3ak3r View Post
      If this is the case then cancel your deal through the phone. They'll be like why do you want to go blah blah. Just tell them.
      They want your custom, so will bend over backwards. Hopefully they'll give you a 2tb box.

If not, just cancel and sign up again.
      TBH this isn't bad advice, however had you bought any other product from any other store only to discover that it was on sale the very next day, would you complain?

Quote Originally Posted by BHeart
      The package comes with a 500 GB (we were told it was 1 TB)
      Who told you it was 1TB?

The other 250GB is used for other features.

Currently sky produce 2 boxes, the DRX890 & DRX895.

The DRX890 is 500GB with 250GB usable.
      The DRX895 is 2TB with 1.5TB usable.

For a while, before the 2TB was launched, there was a box available which was advertised as 1TB & yet contained a 1.5TB drive thus giving 1TB usable.