Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree1Likes

I have an urgent question about cancelling down a SKY account??

This is a discussion on I have an urgent question about cancelling down a SKY account?? within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; @seawright I do not have a problem paying them anything I owe them (as I've said it's 99.9999% certain I ...

magenta46 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: I have an urgent question about cancelling down a SKY account??

@seawright

I do not have a problem paying them anything I owe them (as I've said it's 99.9999% certain I owe them nothing) as long as they sent a letter so that I was AWARE and I would sort it in a second.

I will make certain that the Direct Debit is active and they can take anything that they are owed.. I will check on the 23rd September and the bank should say yes the DD is active and no they have not taken any more money.. it will give me more peace of mind.

I don't understand why these fools couldn't just send a letter saying the account has been fully closed , everything is paid etc.. everything is OK.

I didn't know I could view my account if it was closed.. if I try to view it and then it causes problems for me etc.. I mean I don't want SKY to get annoyed if I log in to the SKY online account after I've cancelled everything.

I think everything should be OK.. maybe I'm just worrying lol

Thanks again for the help.

2. Advertisement
      magenta46 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: I have an urgent question about cancelling down a SKY account??

@seawright

Sorry I posted this before but it didn't work.

I have left the Direct Debit open and active and informed the bank to NOT close it.. I will check again in a few days to see if any transactions have taken place etc.... if SKY wants to take anything they can.. but i am 99.99% certain I owe them nothing.. it would be nice if SKY could sent a confirmation letter saying your account has closed completely and all payments recieved etc.. but it's funny how they don't give a fig about you when you decide to cancel even when I have been a good customer for years.

I didn't know you could log into the online SKY account after you're account was closed.. I didn't want to do it as it may cause problems.

I'll check in a few weeks with the bank and that should give me more peace of mind.. I think most of it is just me worrying.. oh BTW I got a letter from SKY the other day about "coming back to SKY".. but nothing about me owing them anything.

As long as they keep me informed it's not a problem whatever happens.
      seawright likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12