Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree2Likes

And it's good by from him..

This is a discussion on And it's good by from him.. within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Originally Posted by heyho Been with Sky for 20 years on and off (13 years currently). Final straw was the ...

bubblegun is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: near Glasgow
      Broadband ISP: Sky ADSL
      Router: Billion 7400
      Sky TV: Sky Q 2TB
      Thanks

Re: And it's good by from him..

Quote Originally Posted by heyho View Post
      Been with Sky for 20 years on and off (13 years currently).

Final straw was the latest 4 upgrade taking my monthly outlay to 110 - thats Fibre, telephone and full TV package, Movies, Sport. No multiroom or anything like that. Looked into it and realised that I'm just not using the facilities enough to justify that monthly cost. So decided to move to BT which is 41 for first 6 months then 51. Ok not quite a like for like comparison i.e I'm not taking out movies or Sky sports but my main need is fast broadband anyway which is, with line rental, the majority of the cost.

So I ring Sky thinking well if they do offer my 6 months at half price I may stay a while. No way - all this woman could do was slag off the competition and tell me that they would be putting their prices up and really attacked Virgin. Had great pleasure in telling her I can't get Virgin cable where I was so wasn't moving to them. Quite unprofessional really.

So cancel I did. To be honest Sky Broadband has been rock solid and is competitively priced. But they need to be more flexible with the viewing packages and also reward loyal customers with things like zero cost for HD and things like that.
      Lots of people (seem to) only push offers if you keep tv.
      Personally I look at the more long term approach.
      I used to do reinstate sales and lots of customers genuinely cancel for financial reasons and rejoin when they can afford it again or miss the channels too much.

I have posted this before but they should have offered you a discount to keep your telephone and broadband even at a cheaper rate than with tv.

If you have "upgraded to BT Infinity" then Sky could have undercut that price for tel and bb and you could have rejoined on tv at a later date with min package (Original) for 46.90 for 12 months or 60.90 with Sports 1 & 5 (all premiership, championship and FL72 football on Sky).

Quote Originally Posted by gymno View Post
      If anyone deserves a decent discount, it's got to be someone who's been a customer since the analogue days.

Personally. i'm with everyone who says that discounts shouldn't really exist, at least not in the way it's done now.
      Sure, lure new customers in with a great deal but don't forget the ones you already have.

Something like:
      1) Discounts only available to new customers & can only last 1 year.
      2) Customers of a particular service for 3 consecutive years are subjected to 75% of any standard price increase.
      3) 6 consecutive years = 50%, 9 consecutive years = 25% & 12 consecutive years = no increases.

It's weak but it's something.
      After just 1 year of adhering to this, the standard price for everything could come down.
      Currently the offers available, unfortunately, depend on what discounts you have had previously.
      So customers who left in the past and rejoined will (sadly, IMHO) be offered a slightly lower discount to stay, although they have started to offer the same discount (in retention before these customers cancel) as that which Winback will offer after they cancel, which is a positive change (from my perspective).
      There are lower discounts than Winback offers which some customers have been on, which can be re-applied as the other offer rolls-off.
      Sometimes these are the same, eg 2.50 extra room offer. Otherwise they are usually a slightly smaller discount but for longer period.
      Last edited by bubblegun; 22-08-14 at 07:40 AM.

2. Advertisement
      dog-man is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      Do you not see anything via the shop offers link (best if you are logged in)
      Sky Offers - Get the best Sky TV and Broadband offers online

This is what I have had there since my television package was cancelled.

>> Unable to proceed

Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 03442 411 818.

Also, do you have your marketing preferences set correctly, I get emails from sky at least 3 days a week with offers, new features and heads up.
      https://secure.sky.com/mydetails/hou...ng-preferences
      This is what I have had in 'my offers' area since my television package was cancelled.

>> Unable to proceed

Unfortunately we are unable to show your exclusive offers available online. To continue or for more information, please call 03442 411 818.

Yes, it is all correct. I have even enabled tailored advertising.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dog-man View Post
      This is what I have had in 'my offers' area since my television package was cancelled.

>> Unable to proceed

I got this too.

I think it's because I kept telephone and broadband.

Once your tv is cancelled you just need to call Winback to find out what offers are available.
      It's 08442 414243 then option 2 (to rejoin). [free from your Sky landline]

dog-man is online now Sky User Member
      Exchange: About 130 mtrs from the cabinet.
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro
      Router: Asus 3200
      Sky TV: Freesat
      Thanks

I didn't realise you could directly contact the winback team.

Yes, I have kept fibre and the telephone service.

Thanks

I didn't realise you could directly contact the winback team.

Yes, I have kept fibre and the telephone service.
      If you get a mailshot in the post then that will given one of dozens of number that go directly to them.
      We've had rejoin with 25% off offers recently.
      The first included a new box, the second didn't.
      They both said if that wasn't good enough then give them a call to discuss other offers.

I used to work in Winback and about 50% of calls were people calling the new customer number (the number above is one of them) and being honest and selecting that they've had Sky in the last 12 months on the IVR.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

>> Unable to proceed

The link I sent is not the Offers Upgrade link in MySky, its the generic offers page and has new and current customer offers.
      Can be viewed signed in or out of sky, but sign in and some of the offers change for the better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      The link I sent is not the Offers Upgrade link in MySky, its the generic offers page and has new and current customer offers.
      Can be viewed signed in or out of sky, but sign in and some of the offers change for the better

That still gives "there are no offers available" when you sign in and have tel and bb still.

I'm rejoining with free Family pack and broadband for a year anyway so it doesn't matter.

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Oh strange, its always available for me and you do not have to sign in, but then you just see the standard offers like the new customer page.

A new neighbour of mine recently moved from London and they had no sky for a month in their new home just up the road from me. They took up an offer of 50% off in their sky account along with the 2 years free broadband offer. No fibre needed here as like me we max out on sky unlimited. He is well happy. He also managed to wangle sky go extra for two years free too.
      They did have a youview box from the previous occupant that he used for a short while, as it was a BT line, bt phone package and BT broadband when he moved in.
      The previous occupant , a relative of theirs moved abroad and had it paid up for two months, hence why my neighbour delayed his changeover, but they were glad for that.
      My neighbour described youview as a cheap car compared to the Ferrari of Sky.
      I had a look and play Myself and was not that impressed, its quite clunky and the epg needs a lot of work to make it better.
      Last edited by lettice; 23-08-14 at 05:06 PM.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Note: I've removed the link above as it doesn't appear to be a genuine Sky site and Sky's logos appear all over it.

I am checking things but in the mean time I would advise caution as it could be a hoax.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,202 Times in 2,072 Posts

Update: The site in question is genuine. Apparently it is an affiliate site.

As with other sites who offer discounts, the forum policy is not to post links to them unless they choose to advertise with SkyUser.

I'm not familiar with domain registration myself, but I understand that there are a few questions about this specific site's registration (i.e. lack of correct contact details, might not be correctly registered as a business). These aren't issues for us to address here and are something for someone else to deal with.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12