Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

looking to join sky after 15 years with virgin

This is a discussion on looking to join sky after 15 years with virgin within the Joining or leaving Sky forums, part of the Other Sky help and support category; Hi, I have been with ntl now virgin media for the last 15 years or so. I agreed a deal ...

dayers is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

looking to join sky after 15 years with virgin

Hi,

I have been with ntl now virgin media for the last 15 years or so. I agreed a deal with them recently that was not honoured on their part. They said they would never haagreed to my package for the monthly cost their "outbound retentions team" agreed with me.

I am now looking to join sky. I have seen numerous threads in the forums about discount codes for new customers and friends and family. I have sent a couple of pm requesting one of these without success.

I have some friends who are sky customers. Is there a process or contact number they would be able to get these codes from at sky?

Also any hints on best package for telephone/broadband & basic tv package would be appreciated....

thanks in advance

dayers

2. Advertisement
      Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,219 Times in 2,088 Posts

Re: looking to join sky after 15 years with virgin

The half price family and friends discount codes are made available to Sky's employees, not Sky customers.

Once their allocation of codes has been used up, unfortunately that is it until the next round, normally every 3 months.

Don't give up, there may be someone else who has some. There is an expiry date though and the codes need to be used within 24 hours.

Keep an eye on the threads for who is posting the availability of the codes and send them a PM with your name and email address when they are available.

The advertising banners available on this forum often provide some good deals as well, so take a look to see what is available.

There are a couple of other sites which often offer cash-back deals. Do search the Internet for these too. Quidco is a popular one.

Another option is for a friend to "recommend" you. You can both often get some M&S vouchers, but normally the other deals are better.

Do remember though: These deals are like dangling a carrot to entice you. Do check that you can afford the package in the longer term.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

Exchange:
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: looking to join sky after 15 years with virgin

thanks for the advice

Exchange: