Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Like Tree4Likes

BBC Watchdog takes a bite out of Virgin Media

This is a discussion on BBC Watchdog takes a bite out of Virgin Media within the General Computing and Internet forums, part of the Community channel category; Hello All I can understand some people may not watch BBC TV & if you Only ever listen to the ...

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Re: BBC Watchdog takes a bite out of Virgin Media

Hello All
      I can understand some people may not watch BBC TV & if you Only ever listen to the radio you would not require a licence but
      these services do not come Free someone has to cover the Cost : Yes there are Many other excellent radio stations but many
      people really enjoy the BBC alternatives As for paying for the iplayer content Sky would not allow Sky GO without payment.
      I really enjoy Sky but it is not quite correct to say you can select what you want & pay for any options. I have Boxsets :ie
      the Family Pack but I cannot pick the channels I want I have to pay for the 75% that I & thousands of others Never Watch
      but because I want these Nat Geo Discovery Animal Planet Fox Sky Atlantic etc I have to Pay for All of them.
      Do we really want to be plagued by Adverts which are not only annoying they are repetitive
      I am sure there is a way Maybe a subscription of some sort to cover the Beeb but I am sure that Many would avoid paying
      as they do with other licence fee's So the Sub would be higher again to cover the ones who don't Pay : Freeloaders...........!!!!!
      As for this excellent forum, I agree it's open to non-members to view but it's Much more rewarding to participate & join in the
      discussions & gain much help & advice from members. So I don't have a problem with signing in............

Just a Thought....................
      ' Great Weather at Gatwick'

Scubbie likes this.

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max
      Router: ER110UK Sky Q hub
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tb + minis
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wizard200 View Post
      Do we really want to be plagued by Adverts which are not only annoying they are repetitive
      Ive watched adverts since I started watching Tv as a kid in the 1960s, not really found adverts a problem.
      With On Demand and recording they are pretty easy to skip if you do not want to watch them.

The one thing with the license fee (for the Beeb) is you have no choice.
      I would not bother with the Beeb tv channels if I had the choice to cancel the licensee fee legally, but I cannot.
      I have no terrestrial aerial, do not listen to any beeb radio, so why should I be forced to pay for it really.
      With Sky and Virgin and BT I can/could choose not to take their service or channel packages by not paying for it.
      I would welcome if they ever had the rights to something I could not get elsewhere to pay for a Beeb sports channel and fine with adverts and sponsorship.

My only radio is talksport, their sports programmes are excellent. All music is via google play, spotify etc these days.

By the way, for those Beeb lovers and their local programme output, the 101 HD regions for Sky are being added/prepared on satellite at the moment for its launch soon.

wizard200 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: Gatwick
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Max + Sky Talk
      Router: SkyQ Hub ER110UK + SkyQ Booster EE120
      Sky TV: SkyQ 2Tb + mini
      Thanks

Hello All
      I can fully understand the argument that lettice has stated : ie if you don't watch the Beeb or listen to their radio stations
      why should you Pay a Licence Fee However with terrestrial television & aerials everywhere how could you restrict people
      from watching who do not pay Maybe some sort of Pin number requirement. Possible......
      I realise that Sky & ITV need adverts to help cover cost's but it's the repetitive nature that gets to Me & the quantity
      I would love to think this situation could be resolved for everybody but I cannot see that happening anytime Soon.

Just a Thought .....................
      BBC Watchdog takes a bite out of Virgin Media-speedof.me_17-07-08-sat-10.49am.jpg

Ridcully is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Hub SR101
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lettice View Post
      Would be hilarious the Beeb having a go at themselves.
      Do agree the license fee needs to be scrapped and bbc should start having ads across the channels and offer subscription models for sport etc.
      Would not care really if the Beeb went away, watch so little of these days. Its not as if these days they do anything different and certainly not better.
      Annoyed that Beeb made you login to iPlayer and then just spam you with emails, pathetic. Certainly does not solve the license fee avoiders.
      Not ever been overcharged with the license fee, it has just come out 4 times a year for decades without a problem.
      There was a very amusing interview last year. The BBC interviewer was harassing someone from DVLA about people being fined for forgetting to pay their VED. One of the complainers, who the interviewer then used as an example complained that they hadn't received enough reminders. At that point the DVLA person turned around and said "remind me again how many reminders get sent out for the TV licence". at that point the BBC interviewer went strangely quiet.
      Scubbie likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12