Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Ofcom List the Naughtiest UK Mobile, Phone and Broadband ISPs – Q4 2015

This is a discussion on Ofcom List the Naughtiest UK Mobile, Phone and Broadband ISPs – Q4 2015 within the General Computing and Internet forums, part of the Community channel category; Ofcom List the Naughtiest UK Mobile, Phone and Broadband ISPs - Q4 2015 - ISPreview UK he telecoms regulator has ...

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Sky Fibre Unlimited
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Ofcom List the Naughtiest UK Mobile, Phone and Broadband ISPs – Q4 2015

Ofcom List the Naughtiest UK Mobile, Phone and Broadband ISPs - Q4 2015 - ISPreview UK
      he telecoms regulator has released their latest complaints report to the end of 2015, which reveals what mobile, TV, phone and broadband providers in the United Kingdom attracted the most consumer complaints. EE topped the naughty list for broadband, while TalkTalk dominated for fixed line phone gripes. Ofcom receives nearly 300 telecoms complaints a day, although their report only focuses on the market’s biggest providers (i.e. those with an overall market share of at least 1.5%) because smaller ones don’t produce enough data. The data reflects gripes that have been made directly to Ofcom rather than the ISP (i.e. users that have not been able to resolve their complaint via the ISP).

The results are reflected as a proportion of residential subscribers (i.e. the total number of quarterly complaints per 100,000 customers), which makes it easier to compare providers in a market where the big operators can vary significantly in size.

The Results for Q4 2015

Overall the total volume of complaints decreased from Q3 2015, with all sectors generating less relative complaints except for the pay monthly mobile sector, which generated levels higher than those in Q3 2015. Sadly fixed line broadband and fixed line (i.e. phone line rental) services continue to generate the highest number of complaints.

Firstly we’ll take a look at the performance of the biggest fixed line broadband ISPs, which found that EE remains top of the worst and both TalkTalk and Plusnet aren’t far behind. EE’s main complaint drivers were related to faults, service and provision issues (i.e. issues with billing, pricing, and charges; and complaints handling).

Meanwhile TalkTalk did the worst when it came to the fixed line rental / phone products, albeit only because EE and Plusnet suddenly saw fewer gripes before Christmas.

The results for Mobile (pay monthly) and Pay TV providers can be found below, which in the first instance spells bad news for Vodafone (Ofcom are currently probing some of their consumer complaints).

2. Advertisement
      lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

Re: Ofcom List the Naughtiest UK Mobile, Phone and Broadband ISPs – Q4 2015

Sky and Virgin doing a great job then or just very happy customers.

What happened in Figure 7, looked like the yellow pen slipped.
      Tesco Mobile, are they any kind of percentage player on the market? No nothing of them as a mobile service, what network do they hang off.
      Would have thought giffgaff would have been in that list too, know quite a lot of people use that for its data bundles.

Scubbie is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: 02392
      Router: Sky Q Hub ER110
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks
      Thanked 2,223 Times in 2,092 Posts

Indeed both VM and Sky have come out well once more in this survey. It'll be interesting to see when Sky's Mobile Phone service is included in the figures and to see what happens to them then. Sky Mobile should be launched later this year.

Tesco Mobile used to use T-Mobile's service. Currently they use O2 instead. This is the same provider that Sky Mobile will use.

With the takeover of O2 by the new owners which could go through this year, things will be interesting over the next couple of years to see what happens. The same potential issues can also be applied to EE who BT Plc have purchased.

As for the yellow pen, I think a child might have drawn that line . Certainly it appears that their service is heading the same way.

TalkTalk's figures look a little bad. I suspect that this may in part be related to the problems they went through with their customer records being hacked. However I suspect that the fallout won't have completed and many more complaints may not be included in these figures due to the cut-off date.

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro: Connected at 80,000 kbps / 20,000 kbps
      Previous ADSL2+ Speed 19999 kbps 1153 kbps, Line Attenuation 17.5 db 6.9 db, Noise Margin 7.5 dB 8.7 dB
      Speedtest: 17.15MB/s 0.97Mb/s Ping 31 ms

lettice is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 0.4 mile away and cabinet 350 yards
      Broadband ISP: Sky Broadband Superfast + Boost
      Router: Sky Broadband Hub SR203
      Sky TV: SkyQ2tbV2+mini
      Thanks

I have been with Vodafone and been with them on payg for 5+ as a personal customer (had two business phones on O2 and Vodafone for 20 odd years before then without a glitch).
      They have been 100% reliable for me and have not had one problem with any of their online/app tools which are great.

Sky mobile, will it happen this year, such little mention of it in their last financials.
      Would rather they did it themself than hang off another network.

Isitme is offline Sky User Moderator
      Exchange: Bannockburn
      Router: Sky Hub SR102
      Sky TV: Sky+ HD
      Thanks
      Thanked 1,655 Times in 1,616 Posts

I have used Vodafone PAYG for several years, don't use it much but I have no complaints. My wife uses Tesco Mobile on a monthly contract which for her was cheaper than PAYG. She has had about 8 years of trouble free service and is keeping her fingers crossed that O2's takeover does not put a spanner in the works.

TomD

Please note the views and recommendations in my posts are my own and in no way reflect the views of SkyUser.

Useful Utilites

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html/ TCPOptimiser /Test Socket

Note - When downloading always select the Custom install or you will end up with stuff you don't want.