Your forum username:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to Sky User - The Unofficial Support Forum for everything Sky! - Proudly helping over 65k members.

Advertisement

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Like Tree4Likes

Virtual remote control

This is a discussion on Virtual remote control within the General Computing and Internet forums, part of the Community channel category; Thanks - that fixed it. You are right - it's something to do with the two messages being sent at ...

sling1001 is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange:
      Broadband ISP: Leicestershire
      Router: Draytek
      Sky TV: Sky Basic
      Thanks

Re: Virtual remote control

Thanks - that fixed it. You are right - it's something to do with the two messages being sent at once. Did you ever find any codes for the alpha numeric keys you used to find on the Sky Navigator remote?

2. Advertisement
      seawright is offline Sky User Member
      Exchange: 02392
      Broadband ISP: Other ISP
      Router: Non Sky Router
      Sky TV: Sky+HD box
      Thanks

Re: Virtual remote control

If you've made any improvements then please feed them back in the form of a patch. Short patches can be included in a code box on the forum or use pastebin for longer text files.

I did run a scan and found many codes which didn't appear to do anything although they may have had a function if the Sky box had been in a different state. I only found 3 codes which have not been implemented on the Windows (C#) remote but I don't remember the actual codes. One of them mimicked the low battery condition on the IR remote, another rebooted the box (either directly or through watchdog reset failure, I'm not really sure which). The last only degraded the analogue video output though it may have had a beneficial effect on certain displays, I didn't find any codes for half speed playback or seek to mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123